1st Bag of "Favours" (aka humbugs) received

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
After reading Victoria's thread about her Nana it got me thinking about how generous the geeks are on this site, wink wink can you see where I'm going with this one.:lol:

Victoria among many others contributes a lot to this site and has many of us in laughter and tears with her journal.
As you all may know by now (and if you dont where have you been??lol) Victoria is getting married and one of her wishes is to have M&S humbugs in her favours.
I personally will be sending Victoria a bag of M&S humbugs for her wedding day, to give her hugs from her Nana on her special day and I thought it would be a lovely idea if we could all send her a bag each to make her day.

Normally I wouldnt have posted this for her to read and would have asked for volunteers to an unknown project, but I dont want Victoria to go off and spend a small fortune on something else that isnt going to make her day.

This is in no way a beg for Victoria, take part dont take part that's the lovely thing about freedom of choice. If you are taking part though can you post your name on the thread so Victoria knows how many to expexct and when to tell us to stop!:lol:

x

What a beautiful idea - it means all of us that contribute will be at the wedding (sort of!).....:hug:

Anyway, count me in - I'll post a bag. Oh, and I've got Victoria's address if anyone needs it

bugger i could have put some in my parcel lol

what a lovely thought ria,

xxxxx

awwww Ria how lovely are you???? :hug:

I can't help...no M&S here...but what a lovely idea....

What a beautiful idea - it means all of us that contribute will be at the wedding (sort of!).....:hug:

Anyway, count me in - I'll post a bag. Oh, and I've got Victoria's address if anyone needs it
Yep go on then Yvette could you please PM me V's addy. Im not promising a full bag will arrive on your doorstep though, Im partial to a humbug myself!! lol:lol:

Hi what a fab Idea me too Ill post some, but when is the wedding ?
should we post nearer the date in case they go all goey :eek: :hug: x

Yep go on then Yvette could you please PM me V's addy. Im not promising a full bag will arrive on your doorstep though, Im partial to a humbug myself!! lol:lol:

Done! And if anyone else wants it, PM me!

i was thinking the same thing, but i couldnt figure out how to go about organising it lol.

I will send some too. Good point about the date though!!! will they go off or anything?

x

count me in!

me too....will need addy.

Count me in, will need an addy please. Great idea :hug:

me (too addy please) anything to help the big day

me too, already have her addy:lol:

me too, can you pm me her address?
Marion x

count me in...i need a addy aswell...i am getting vouchers from m&s so will gladly get victoria a bag ....pm addy hun...what a fab thread....xxxxxxxx

i have posted a link for you victoria i have found a site in canada that sells the old fashioned humbugs with toffee in them.......
the link has been posted on your humbug thread xxxx hth

I wont promise as i have no idea if i will be able to get to m&s but if i get the chance i will get a bag and post them to you hun

my step daughter is getting married on 13th april and only let us know for sure 2 wks ago so we are all running around like headless chickens at the mo, she is going to wear my wedding dress from 17 years ago so that all needs altering, I'm going off on one here i will shut up lol

Victoria's aiming for a June wedding, I will be sending them asap so they get there with plenty of time to spare.
Apparently they keep well in the freezer, as long as her mum has the key to the padlock!!:lol:

god only just spotted this , count me in , and pm me her addy xx

Just went through half a box of kleenex!
I thought this thread was a repeat of a blog post, so I didn't glance as I'd already had my chuckles.
Chuckles and tears in one day AND a parcel.

I'm overwhelmed to say the least.
I just got off the phone with my Mum, to tell her what BEAUTIFUL friends I have in the UK. I said to her "how fantastic is it, that people I've never met, who are from Nana's home, are helping me with my wedding? Doing this HUGE and WONDERFUL thing for me?" I said "between Nana's dress, Nana's Cameo, her wedding band AND the humbugs.. Nana IS going to be there, on my wedding day" Then I started howling all over again and my mother said to cut it out as she couldn't understand a word I was saying.:cry::lol:

Crap, brb, I've started tearing up again...

Ok, it's me again. More kleenex in the trash.

I've planned on scanning a picture of my Nana in her wedding dress, and placing it at a chair at my table at my wedding.
BUT I've had another thought.
I would also like to make a collage of all the lovely faces of geeks I know, and place THAT picture at a chair as well.
So that you ALL may have a place at my wedding and so EVERYONE knows who, what and why.

Thank you, all of you. For EVERYTHING. For the links to where I can get humbugs, for your kind words, for listening to me prattle on in nonsense, and for SO VERY MUCH MORE. Thank you, thank you, thank you....etc.. yes, thank you AGAIN.

I love you like family:!::Love:.

So please, even if you don't send humbugs, if you would like to be at my wedding, PLEASE send me your picture for my collage. Don't worry about cropping or anything, I can take care of that.
It's the thoughts and kind words that count, but of course, I DO appreciate the humbugs too LOL do NOT get me wrong.

My...... I am a VERY spoiled and VERY lucky geek indeed, to be able to count all of you as my friends.
Everyone should be so rich as I am, to be surrounded by so very many loving people

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back