1st Dark skinned client, advice....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi i am a black woman and a nail technician. You can use any colour acrylic personally i find the pink one looks best but not every body likes it, ask the client if they would like a pinkish look or a natural look decide from there what colour to use. But it is no big thing you can use any colour just as you would on any other person!

I agree Tayviarn in the Caribbean the ladies tend to go more pink but I have color blended to suit the client's taste. It depends on the client prefrence. It does not matter dark or light CBM and client prefrence is the best way to go.:):):)

I asked my mate today, she has had her nails done for ages by another tech, she says she prefers pink to clear as it pinks up her beds a bit. She likes a natural looking free edge.

Sorry, I've looked everywhere and I can't find the batch of pics:irked:

Seems like I could of deleted them, which will be a bummer if I have.:irked:

african american (not black) clients use the SAME acrylics as whites

Well....you guys know me....

And I personally use a pink with whites on myself, there is no difference.

You can use any colour acrylic personally i find the pink one looks best but not every body likes it, ask the client if they would like a pinkish look or a natural look decide from there what colour to use.
I suppose it's like everything else and comes down to personal preference :wink2:

Horses for courses and all that :green:

i think its still a personal preference thing, what the client wants they get, i mixed race so fairly light skinned, but i use a french pink and stark white on myself, my mum is alot darker, recently did a french manicure on her with a rosy pink and it looked awful, for her clear works better xx

oh nearly forgot, love that second pic nailartist, gorgeous!

Hi i am a black woman and a nail technician. You can use any colour acrylic personally i find the pink one looks best but not every body likes it, ask the client if they would like a pinkish look or a natural look decide from there what colour to use. But it is no big thing you can use any colour just as you would on any other person!

Thanks Hun, i really appreciate your help with this and will make sure i ask what she wants to have. I just wasn't sure if it can look weird if you get the colour wrong. I had been told in the past to only use peach not pink, but i think pink looks just as good.

I'm african american and when i have nails on i prefer a pink acrylic and i like my tip very white..

Thanks again for your reply, its great to get loads of opinions.

I agree Tayviarn in the Caribbean the ladies tend to go more pink but I have color blended to suit the client's taste. It depends on the client prefrence. It does not matter dark or light CBM and client prefrence is the best way to go.:):):)

I do have many blends i can use so can offer anything my client wants. Thanks for all your help guys, really is great you are all there.:hug:

Hey Geeks, thanks for all your help.

I asked her what she wanted and she preferred the slight pink and the usual white. So that's what i did and she was really happy.

The thing that she was also very pleased about was the fact i didn't burn her when filing!! She found it a pleasant experience for a change. I did explain that you don't need pain to gain great nails.:)

What I do is (if I'm not quite sure.....) is keep all the cut offs from my clear tips, and use them for experimenting with custom blends etc. Just by placing it over the clients nail, gives a good idea how the mix is going to look.
That way your doing a bit of a try before you buy! :lol:

to answer you question as I prefer and have found that clear powder work best and sometimes peach

Hi,
In Barbados we prefer pink. definetly not a clear and white permanent french. i did one yesterday and used tammy taylor pinkest pink and avalanche white. passionate pink is also used. and other lighter pinks but not clear or translucent pinks unless they are blended with another darker pink.

Latest posts

Back