1st Ever Custom Blend - I gave it a go!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
Last night I decided I would give Custom Blending a bash.

I was going to wait for replies to my earlier post before starting, but then I got sick of waiting for my husband to finish working so we could go to bed, that I started (only one hand done so far!!)

I noted some of the mixes listed on the site, had a little play on clear tips and finally settled on one by NailArtist.
The tips are INM Northern Lights (glitter) powder in White capped with clear.

I'm pleased with them. Not perfect, but better than I had expected!

What do you think?

Before: lauriglitterjuly07.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After: 1stCustomblendjuly07229smaller1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They look really good - colour is nice.

So come on share the recipe!:wink2:

Nice!!! The colour suits your skin tone better then the previous pic!! xx

they look great

well done

Nice!!! The colour suits your skin tone better then the previous pic!! xx
LOL That's what I thought too! An improvement on nature - can't be bad!

Like I said, the mix was created by NAILARTIST using Creative N.D Powders.

Base Mix
2 parts Flawless
1 part Intense Pink
1 part Pink

Tone
Cool: 1/4 Twilight + 1/16 Spanish Tile
Warm: 1/4 Golden City + 1/16 Terra Cotta (this is the one that I used)

You did well - i tend to get it too transparant looking when i have a go!!

After my hols im booking on the custom blending course xx

i think you have done a great job.i would be really pleased also if that was my first attempt.well done

I would be very grateful for some more feedback.
Any advice?....... I don't mind if you don't like them - It's all about learning from mistakes after all!
For example - I think I might have made the pink a bit too long.......... do you think I have? Honestly!
Anyone not like the colour? If so, what would you suggest I try doing?

In your personal opinion, should the pink in a custom blend go no further than the finger tip? Or does it not matter so long as the free edge still looks in proportion?

I am not unhappy with them - I am looking to redo them this weekend, so I am hoping that your comments will ensure that they are even better next time.

Thanks x

I think you've done a fab job, I'd like to see a clearer more close up pic though.
You have some lovely lines of light, well done you :D

I think you've done a fab job, I'd like to see a clearer more close up pic though.
You have some lovely lines of light, well done you :D
Thanks for the feedback Sandi :hug:
I don't know why I couldn't get a clearer picture - I think hubby changed the settings on the camera for the kids sports days!

More feedback / advice would be great peeps!

i think my fav nail is the nagging finger...the ring finger does look like the pink is a tad to long...

i love custom blends and coverage gels but don't like to see a unnaturally long nail bed...so yes i do think that sometimes they can be elongated too much.....i would never extend further than the end of the finger.

I think the colour is lovely....i would do less white ie a bit shorter but then thats just my personal taste. x

Latest posts

Back