1st floor hair salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza2007

Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering if you could give me some advice? I am in the process of opening a new hair salon and have seen a premises above a sunbed shop/health shop which I like. It has 5 different rooms but 2 of the rooms are joined together by an archway. I like it because its more private than being on the ground floor with big windows and its different. Obviosly being upstairs could cause a problem with some elderly and people with pushchairs but I could put an intercom at the bottom of the stairs so people can buzz for help but some people still might be put off. Also there is the problem of passing trade but it is quite a small town where people know where everything is. There are 7 windows to the property so I could have posters and signs in them all so people know its a salon. What do you think? Do you think it could it work or is better off sticking to the norm? :confused:

I don't know your city rules there in london, but here in the states it is a law that you must have wheel chair (pushchairs) accessiblity.
Do you have a elevator to your salon? or a ramp of sorts?

Other than that, it sounds like a wonderful place.

I think it could work but imo you would need to do lots of promotion so people do know its there.

There are a couple of salons around here that are located upstairs and you wouldn't even know they were there.

I don't know your city rules there in london, but here in the states it is a law that you must have wheel chair (pushchairs) accessiblity.
Do you have a elevator to your salon? or a ramp of sorts?

Other than that, it sounds like a wonderful place.

I agree
, the new disability laws require any new business to have the correct access for all. If you really like the property maybe the landlord will help you out as I would imagine that for the above reasons it is a difficult let. Most landlords will give you x amount of weeks free rent if you have to make vast improvements.

aside from that, the location sounds fab and Im sure you would get business from the sunbed place, they may even advertise your salon for you within theirs.

Gopdd luck with which ever way you go

Donna x

Thank you for your replies. Someone else has put an offer in for the premises so I think I have my answer. Im going to stick with groundfloor x

Latest posts

Back