1st set nightmare!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIZZY

Reaction score
I completed my Creative 4 day Foundation course a couple of weeks ago (fantastic!) and have been practising on trainer hand every other day (been ok!). A friend asked me to put a set on her today, I was unsure but thought 'give it a go'!! It was the most scarey thing I've done since giving birth!! She had no free edge, nail plates were really wide and v v short? She usually has the natural look, so I applied Velocity but when I blended them I could'nt get rid of the line?? so to cover that I applied pink & white which I regretted as the white covered 50% of thumbs and 60% of little fingers??? I was gutted. Also because there was hardly any zone 2 & 3 product was too thick round cuticle!!:cry:

Shd I have done natural look (clear & pink?) & given them a french polish? why was there a blending line - I was blending for ages)?

So many questions - I've lost the bit of confidence I had. Please help.

Hi, don't worry your first set is always the worst. you will find, (well i did) that every set i did with a new client made me feel so nervous, that in the beginning i would end up with a stinking headache afterwards and be left wondering if i'd made the right decision.

It does get better, and for it to happen you need to relax and enjoy what you do. I had a client similar to yours that had badly bitten nails and as you say because the nail starts so far back you can see the line. You obviuosly can't cover it with white as the nails would look very strange. Its best to try using the pink powder, then i would suggest perhaps painting a french over the top with a dense pink polish and white tip to disguise untill the nail starts to grow.

I dare say someone else will have a better answer but that's what i would do. Don't give up, you just need lots of practise and keep doing it. A month a go i nearly gave up but then after all the help on here i got some advice and tried a few different things and then all of a sudden evcerything started to fall into place, nothings is perfect yet but its getting there.

The answer is ..........Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................
A magic make over class .....................
Problem nails are the subject of this class ..................

Ok in the mean time...............For very short nails I would use the Formation Tip.....gently c-curve and a natural side arch........Reduce the contact area to a smidging............ less to file...if you have a white seam showing then the tip is not blended correctly or not adhered correctly......instead of using resin use pink gelbond........it hides the contact area and does not leave ghost lines..........
Then place your white where it visualy is the correct place.............
Apply your pink to zones 2 and 3
Buff and then add 2 coats of negligee , I found this one defuses the light, gives a loveley finish to the nails and you cant see the gap.........if you know what I mean................

But well done babe, here is to many more sets, and they do get better as you go along........... We have all been there and know how you feel xxxxxx

hope this helps

I have to agree with Ruth, negligee is a god send....It looks fantasic over pink and whites.

also do ya'll have the creative perfect color flawless pink powder there? that is fabulous as well for extending the look of the bed area.

vicky said:
I have to agree with Ruth, negligee is a god send....It looks fantasic over pink and whites.
Hi

What is negligee?

negligee is a creative enamel.

Jue x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back