1st shift in new job- what a nightmare!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian1979

Reaction score
hi all,
i started my new junior nail tech job tonight 3 til 8.30 had one lady booked in for in fils at 6 which i was told was not going to be a big job and no rebalancing as such had to be done, so was ok about doing it and was all prepared.....how wrong i was!!!

she had the nails done at another salon which she wasnt happy with so booked in where i have sarted as the only nail tech in a hair dressers, another lady works there and is very very good but only works on 2 other evenings. 1st she had red nail polish she had on that i had to remove (not easy for a start) which was all under the small amount of lifting that there was... plus she turned up with her 2yr old daughter...who was running around and ended up pooing in her knickers!!! so she had to go and change her after the 1st hand......and as there was 3 weeks growth they needed total rebalancing......phewww!!!
It took me longer to do this than what it does to do a set from the start......just over 2hrs!!!!!!

Please tell me it gets better than that :lol:...i feel fried!!
Am i ever going to get the hang of this???:cry:

sian x
Creative liquid and powder

sometimes you just have to go with the flow im afraid!!!!!
you did well in the time and the fact that she had to se to her daughter!! ( lol)
sometimes what clients actually book in for is very different to what they require!!
well done xx

pour yourself a large glass of vino and congratulate yourself on getting through it.

unfortunately, you often get dropped in it from the deep end. You've survived this, so anything else should be a breeze.

It gets easier, I promise. Well, you get used to the challenges and are more prepared for them.

You should have been there my first day alone in the salon - an absolute nightmare.

Hang in there, you'll be fine.

Well, talk about chucking you in at the deep end?! :irked:

Look on the bright side hun, it can only get better from now on :lol:

Brings back memories! :lol:

You'll survive don't worry.

Well done on completing your first shift.

Something haven't change.:eek: It always the first time:lol:. Don't worry, you'll get through it. Congratulation on overcoming one of the hardest part. Good luck hun:hug:

Brings back memories! :lol:

You'll survive don't worry.

Well done on completing your first shift.

thank you, hoping to get a few pointers from your nail class book i have just purchased.... going to pick it up from post office tomorrow......might make this friday a bit easier...hope so anyway!!!!:)

thank you to you all....you have made me feel much better and more determined to make it work.:hug:

sian x

thank you, hoping to get a few pointers from your nail class book i have just purchased.... going to pick it up from post office tomorrow......might make this friday a bit easier...hope so anyway!!!!:)

thank you to you all....you have made me feel much better and more determined to make it work.:hug:

sian x

Take my advice and don't just READ 'nailclass'. Work along with it until each technique is mastered and you WILL prosper. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you will succeed.

Latest posts

Back