1st time hot waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa32

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've done hotwax at college the old way , figure 8, layer up, etc (I'm currently doing my level 2) but today I practised a bikini line at home on a friend using PR hot wax, it was much easier to use :) the only thing my friend found painful was when I initially lift the end of the wax ready to remove. Is there a method to making this less uncomfortable? I know on underarm you can apply the hot wax on a hairless area to lift but not so easy to do this on a BL , especially the area across the top of the knicker line ? Any advice would be gratefully received?xx

You can do this by taking the wax to a hairless part of the inner thigh or where you have already waxed and make the tab there; this is easier if you use a tiny amount of oil and blot first. If you do struggle to lift on the top of the bikini line, you can use the shiny side of your last strip pressed on to the strip about to be removed to rip the wax in a smooth motion. I hope this makes sense. Good luck [emoji4]

You can do this by taking the wax to a hairless part of the inner thigh or where you have already waxed and make the tab there; this is easier if you use a tiny amount of oil and blot first. If you do struggle to lift on the top of the bikini line, you can use the shiny side of your last strip pressed on to the strip about to be removed to rip the wax in a smooth motion. I hope this makes sense. Good luck [emoji4]

Thank you, I think I know what you mean, will give that a go next time :) xx

When u do the top go into the middle and up onto the stomach where there's no hair. Make your end thicker so it just lifts up. X

When u do the top go into the middle and up onto the stomach where there's no hair. Make your end thicker so it just lifts up. X
Can I just check that the hot wax is being removed against hair direction?

Yes, remove against the hair direction however, you will probably find that the hair grows in different directions on some people around this area. Make sure you really push the wax through the hair to catch it all.

Hi all,
I've done hotwax at college the old way , figure 8, layer up, etc (I'm currently doing my level 2) but today I practised a bikini line at home on a friend using PR hot wax, it was much easier to use :) the only thing my friend found painful was when I initially lift the end of the wax ready to remove. Is there a method to making this less uncomfortable? I know on underarm you can apply the hot wax on a hairless area to lift but not so easy to do this on a BL , especially the area across the top of the knicker line ? Any advice would be gratefully received?xx
When applying the wax strip, always make sure the end strip is a no hair zone- working from the outsides in. Like someone previously said, when doing the top of the knicker line, create a tab on the stomach as there is less hair here for you to pull the tab from. This allows you to pull the tab up comfortably and remove your strip quickly. There are plenty of good intimate waxing courses available to build up your confidence! Practice makes perfect :)

I would definitely recommend doing an intimate wax course. It will build your confidence and improve your technique with hot wax. :) x

Latest posts

Back