2/3 week infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your thorough response. To be honest, ever since I left the house the anxiety has dropped to 0 so don't feel worried telling me. I know why you would feel that way though. I honestly am extremely embarrassed by how I acted. Totally out of character. I never experienced depression in my life and that was it. 100%. I really shouldn't have made so many posts on this professional forum about it, either. Wow. Derp. Feel so bad and I apologize. Won't happen again. Kinda rude, tbh, on my part.

I will definitely return to her Saturday considering this is common on first sets. Interestingly enough, I went to her before for uv gel fills and when I say they lasted 4 weeks hell they didn't budge. I went to her for a long time in the past. I used to always praise her because god knows, it took 2 hours but nothing would get those talons off!! I ended up leaving her because I was not well informed that a good tech takes their time, and I would get bored sitting there. Duhhh on me. Anyway, I am wondering.... this is an upscale salon I am going to and she usually runs a little late because she takes a lot of time on her clients. This ends up making her leave her shift late too.... But anyway, this is a hair/nail salon and my hair appointment following her with her boss (the head stylist) and she even asked me when my appointment was before sending me off. She said one nail looked a little clumpy and she'll fix it after sending me to them. She could have maybe been a little nervous getting me out the door on time. Like, who wants to make their boss late?? Anyway, could've been anything. Idk. I am just putting together she never has a free slot unless you book miles in advance and my past experience... I mean, things happen. Doubt she'd have that base if she sucked. Maybe the first set is just like REALLY HARD. In any case, I will 100% give her at least 2 more times for fills. Is that reasonable? I don't think she likes doing a whole new set because she feels it damages the nails. I don't mind coming every 10 days at all. I just want to have no issues in those 10 days. It was like the 2nd day with these huge stains and the lift was before a full week. Stop me now if I have ridiculously high expectations and am being a brat.

I honestly am so gentle on my nails. OMG THE PANDORA CLASPS. My hub opens all my stuff even those. I am so prissy with my nails and I wear gloves even in the shower. I treat them like little babies. XD Also I have been pretty bad ever since I have been vaccinated... not using hand sanitizer or cleansers nearly as much because I want to protect them so much. LOL I have a 96% immunity and I am gonna live my life. Still using the oil and the lotion. Soooo idk. It could be me. I don't want to act entitled but I THINK I treat them like babies. I do really try to. UNLESS OMG COULD IT BE THE LOTION too. :-O I use this: CND - CND Scentsations Lavender & Jojoba Lotion, 8.3 Fl Oz - Walmart.com

I am gonna go check out lanolin now on that bottle. XD

EDIT: No lanolin. Crisis averted. Wow, I can't even believe this nail stuff used to make me lose sleep. I feel like I had gone crazy. Seems pretty silly now.

Let's just see what happens at your next appointment

Let's just see what happens at your next appointment

Good idea. Tbh if it is lifting and my nails are a darker color the chances I will notice are like 0 anyway XD

Good idea. Tbh if it is lifting and my nails are a darker color the chances I will notice are like 0 anyway XD

Lifting is not good even if you can see it, it's the way greenies start (bacterial infection)

Last edited:
Lifting is not good even if you can see it, it's the way greenness start (bacterial infection)

Yea, I figured. I was just teasing as I am really not looking for tiny imperfections. I am definitely booking every 2 weeks now, and if I see they are good I will postpone. If they are not but last 10 days, I will move my appointments to every 10 days. If they start giving me problems after a few days though, I may switch to another tech just because I can't stand the feeling of hair through my nails during shampoos. Thanks as always for your help. :)

Yea, I figured. I was just teasing as I am really not looking for tiny imperfections. I am definitely booking every 2 weeks now, and if I see they are good I will postpone. If they are not but last 10 days, I will move my appointments to every 10 days. If they start giving me problems after a few days though, I may switch to another tech just because I can't stand the feeling of hair through my nails during shampoos. Thanks as always for your help. :)

If you had no issues with Gel why have you switched?

If you had no issues with Gel why have you switched?

I showed her the design I wanted (the ombre,) and she said it is done with acrylics. I didn't mind either way, and trusted her. She told me after she put the forms on that I may see some lifting because she is unsure how my nails may handle the acrylics and some people do better with acrylics/gels. Anyway, she told me to reach her ASAP if there's any lifting but after going for the innocent color change only for her to give me a freebie I felt awful complaining about lifts. Not about to call in for free services during a pandemic. I am sure she will see them Saturday when I go. I don't want to like point them out and make her feel bad.

If you feel any of this is a little off, let me know. There's other techs here I can try with earlier appointments. But I remember your advice about sticking to one person and that's why I am waiting for Saturday.

You can ombre gel but it's certainly easier with acrylic, wait for Saturday, see how it goes

You can ombre gel but it's certainly easier with acrylic, wait for Saturday, see how it goes

I booked her for 2 hours. She used every minute so it could be why she opted acrylic if gel was more difficult. Anywho, got to trust my tech. I am not trained. LOL I will wait until Saturday - now how will I survive until then? LMAO. It is crazy to think something like would a week 1/2 ago make me very sad. You guys have to watch out for clients coming in with all sorts of issue when you reopen. ;) When I finally get back to cutting hair, I def will be open minded about it.

Yay kept looking on Meevo and found an earlier appointment. What do you guys think? She spent two hours. Tbh no lifting from what I saw. Just the graying was a big problem.

Attachments

• 610075C3-E940-40A5-937A-3C5FA540E60D.jpeg
    610075C3-E940-40A5-937A-3C5FA540E60D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Definitely better cuticle work this time 👍

Definitely better cuticle work this time 👍

We will see how it goes. I booked in two weeks. She said from what she sees to do 3, but I wanted to play it safe. Worse case, I can postpone. Happy I stayed with same tech. It was a good time out if anything. Thanks for the advice.

Damn just noticed this. Can I leave it? I don’t want to bother her at all. Looks like matte isn’t in this area and got some weird grey dusty stuff?

Attachments

• 279B5917-9480-475D-BBFC-B8EFBA787768.jpeg
    279B5917-9480-475D-BBFC-B8EFBA787768.jpeg
    933.8 KB · Views: 72
Damn just noticed this. Can I leave it? I don’t want to bother her at all. Looks like matte isn’t in this area and got some weird grey dusty stuff?

Depends if you're likely to be bothered by it, if you're likely pick at it then ask her to smooth it out with a buffer

Depends if you're likely to be bothered by it, if you're likely pick at it then ask her to smooth it out with a buffer

No not bothered and will not pick. As long as the gel doesn’t come up in a few days because of the slight dust particles left in the gel. It won’t effect the product adhesion? I’ll live with it otherwise. Nothing is perfect. :)

It's not dust, it's just not settled smoothly before it was cured in the lamp. I can't predict what will happen but it should be fine if left alone

Ok so polish literally peeling off after my showe wtf. I’m gonna say now I’m a bit annoyed. She’s booked out all day online. Gonna see if she can do a fix today or just go to someone else. Very annoying tbh. I don’t want to run back and forth to the salon every other day, and I know this is NOT ocd. This is peeling off. And this stuff ain’t cheap

Attachments

• E0D2669A-7173-4411-873E-9FEEC3EDCE3D.jpeg
    E0D2669A-7173-4411-873E-9FEEC3EDCE3D.jpeg
    880.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I don't want to make this worse as I know you're a picker but I would have picked all of that gel off by now 😬 Even if you don' pick it, if it starts catching on your hair and stuff, it would drive me insane.

They're not awful but I wouldn't be happy. I can see the same happening with the others. She hasn't painted the entire nail. I also don't like the capping on the free edge. It looks like a lift waiting to happen. I'd say go back and ask her to fix them. Personally I am wayyyy to shy to go back when I'm not happy and I just go elsewhere, oops.

I've assumed this a super thick gel polish peeling off your acrylic. Or is this acrylic peeling off your nail?

Blimey! just goes to show what a different angle of photo can show you. That some really thick gel polish. I suspect it's not cured down that side wall hence it's peeling.

It’s the gel. Not the acrylic. I’m not gonna pick it but am I being a huge bitch if I demand a slot today?? I know she’s booked up but come on now. This is ridiculous. I’m not anxious or ocd but come on now how ridiculous is this. It’s such a waste of my time

Top peeling too btw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
I don't think you're being a huge bitch . You've paid for a service and you should be happy with the results. This isn't a case of "I don't like the colour", essentially you've received a faulty product. In any other store you would expect a refund or replacement. It' been less than 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back