2/3 week infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOAAAAH $90 for acrylics?! I need to raise my prices 🤣

kidding, if this lady is a Grand Master Technician, I'm sure she will be fab and worth every penny. Good luck!

I already pay this!!! It was actually 100$ buckaroos for my tips. 😂😂😂 seems cheaper tbh for fills too.

I already pay this!!! It was actually 100$ buckaroos for my tips. 😂😂😂 seems cheaper tbh for fills too.

It’s NJ and NY. We pay an arm and a leg for services here when you don’t go to chop shops. Shellac pedis 60$. You can see why now I get pissed when it don’t hold up for a week. Like please if you gonna charge that much guarantee me at least 10 days.

Found a pic of Kelly’s work. I’m in for Thursday evening

The nail tech got me on the phone from the salon that butchered and was incredible in the wrong ways. She said she only has half hour slot so she can look at my nails and see if they ok. I told her I have been by for 3 days and it’s insane to come in just to look at them. She said she can fix one or two. She said she doesn’t want to soak them off cause they can damage my nails I’m like so annoyed it’s unbelievable by this place. Do you think I can dispute it

Attachments

• B3DBE0FE-7081-4669-BCD6-E4FDABDC358B.png
    B3DBE0FE-7081-4669-BCD6-E4FDABDC358B.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 46
  • 3DD73495-F665-41FD-B170-08E7CD3C9A49.png
    3DD73495-F665-41FD-B170-08E7CD3C9A49.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 41
The nail tech got me on the phone from the salon that butchered and was incredible in the wrong ways. She said she only has half hour slot so she can look at my nails and see if they ok. I told her I have been by for 3 days and it’s insane to come in just to look at them. She said she can fix one or two. She said she doesn’t want to soak them off cause they can damage my nails I’m like so annoyed it’s unbelievable by this place. Do you think I can dispute it

You can try, I'm not sure what the mentality is in the States. On this site we always tell Tech's not to refund clients, to find a way to sort it, at the end of the day the Tech has used both her time and products on those nails so if she refunds you she's going to be out of pocket in more ways than one!! HOWEVER, that advice is usually given when the Tech is in the right and the client is being unreasonable or expecting too much. In this situation your nails have not been right since the initial application, I suspect they are working beyond their capabilities and as such it's not right to be charging clients for this type of shoddy work. I'm really not convinced they're going to get it right and I would walk away. But thats our British, stiff upper lip, way of doing things, we don't complain, we just walk away and never go back whilst bitching and complaining to whoever will listen 🤣

You can try, I'm not sure what the mentality is in the States. On this site we always tell Tech's not to refund clients, to find a way to sort it, at the end of the day the Tech has used both her time and products on those nails so if she refunds you she's going to be out of pocket in more ways than one!! HOWEVER, that advice is usually given when the Tech is in the right and the client is being unreasonable or expecting too much. In this situation your nails have not been right since the initial application, I suspect they are working beyond their capabilities and as such it's not right to be charging clients for this type of shoddy work. I'm really not convinced they're going to get it right and I would walk away. But thats our British, stiff upper lip, way of doing things, we don't complain, we just walk away and never go back whilst bitching and complaining to whoever will listen 🤣

I am going to talk to the boss again. I don’t want one or two nails fixed. Acetone was on all of them. Is there any way any of the nails will be ok?? Like really. Wtf. I kinda want to use this slot to tell them to soak them off and I’ll go elsewhere the end

Off the phone with the boss. He said to book in for a soak off next Thursday and full set no charge, and just see my tech today to make sure they need to be soaked off cause soaking is "damaging..." ok so gonna check so I can balance my options... is soaking "damaging?" And if the acrylic had acetone on it should it all be soaked off oooorr is it possible since it was on for 5 minutes it'd be ok...? The tech got cheeky with me on the phone and said "it was 5 minutes and she cannot see any issues and said are they lifting now ok then, so what's the problem..." like really. I am being meaner on the phone but only because being nice got me nowhere.

I am going to talk to the boss again. I don’t want one or two nails fixed. Acetone was on all of them. Is there any way any of the nails will be ok?? Like really. Wtf. I kinda want to use this slot to tell them to soak them off and I’ll go elsewhere the end

But like I've already said I don’t trust them to soak them off properly. I suspect they'll e-file them too much then soak a bit then scape or e-file off the debris, that's all going to make it worse.

Have you spoken to the new tech and explained you have an appalling set on but don't trust the original salon to remove them?

If I was her i would want to see them before deciding what to do, she may be able to correctly remove the Gel polish, thin out the existing acrylic and rebalance. Sometimes if the nails are damaged it better to work over the existing product (with warnings that there are no guarantees how well it will hold up). Uncovering nails in poor condition can do more harm than good.

Different techs work in different ways, some will never work over another techs work, some will.

But like I've already said I don’t trust them to soak them off properly. I suspect they'll e-file them too much then soak a bit then scape or e-file off the debris, that's all going to make it worse.

Have you spoken to the new tech and explained you have an appalling set on but don't trust the original salon to remove them?

If I was her i would want to see them before deciding what to do, she may be able to correctly remove the Gel polish, thin out the existing acrylic and rebalance. Sometimes if the nails are damaged it better to work over the existing product (with warnings that there are no guarantees how well it will hold up). Uncovering nails in poor condition can do more harm than good.

Different techs work in different ways, some will never work over another techs work, some will.

Yea, let me do what you suggest. I did call the shop and tell them just now. They will call me in 20 mins. They told me that she's booked back to back and don't want to disturb her. My nails are in pretty good condition when I put the set on as you all know. :D But god knows with all the playing what they look like. All my hard work down the toilet. Super bummed out, Trinity. Whhhhhy oh whyyy. I worked super hard to get hereeee. :( LOL

Yea, let me do what you suggest. I did call the shop and tell them just now. They will call me in 20 mins. They told me that she's booked back to back and don't want to disturb her. My nails are in pretty good condition when I put the set on as you all know. :D But god knows with all the playing what they look like. All my hard work down the toilet. Super bummed out, Trinity. Whhhhhy oh whyyy. I worked super hard to get hereeee. :( LOL

Called me back. Kelly wants to remove them because she is certain the set has been compromised. Insane. 6:30 Thursday I will be going. Insane. I had worked so hard for healthy nails and based on what you said I pretty much had them all for some twit to pour acetone over them. I AM SO MAD IT IS NOT FUNNY. Like I am fuming.

Called me back. Kelly wants to remove them because she is certain the set has been compromised. Insane. 6:30 Thursday I will be going. Insane. I had worked so hard for healthy nails and based on what you said I pretty much had them all for some twit to pour acetone over them. I AM SO MAD IT IS NOT FUNNY. Like I am fuming.

OK, sounds like a plan but you need to know soaking off takes time, reapplying takes time, be prepared to pay for the soak off too. If she's busy she may well start you off with a consultation and buff off the gel polish to see what's happening then put you into soak and do another client whilst you are in soak. This is perfectly acceptable. She's not earning whilst sat there doing nothing.

OK, sounds like a plan but you need to know soaking off takes time, reapplying takes time, be prepared to pay for the soak off too. If she's busy she may well start you off with a consultation and buff off the gel polish to see what's happening then put you into soak and do another client whilst you are in soak. This is perfectly acceptable. She's not earning whilst sat there doing nothing.

I am not a tough client. I am with this place because they really ****** up and I had enough. I totally get it. I am flexible. I used to color and cut hair. **** happens. Things take time. She already told me to come in 6:30 pm to soak while someone else is doing their appointment. I know it can take 45 mins to soak off etc. Heck when my tech runs late I get it is either because a client ran late, or she is being extra meticulous. I get it. I just want something that I do not have to run back to the next day. Like I said, it'd be nice with the money I spend to have a 10 day guarantee. I don't want anymore free one day fixes and stupidity.

[Expletives replaced with asterisks! 😉]

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Sorry mods. I will be more careful with my little sailor's mouth in the future. ;)

Just an update: 10$ soak off, 75$ full set (usually it costs me 100$ so this is a HUGE discount) Also time slot is 1 hour and 30 mins which is way shorter than I am used to. Hmmm. I think it'll be good. I mean, how else do you get those titles

Last night , the salon called me. The owner said she wanted to see me before they give me a refund and I said ok only so I can get my money. Tech said she won't touch but wants to look at my nails. She said there was “nothing wrong with them...” she felt each one individually and swore they wouldn’t lift for 2-3 weeks and the acetone wasn’t on long enough. Was rubbing them to check for lifts like one checks for breast lumps lol I commented that how can she even tell with polish on and she said she wouldn’t drill them and break up the product more geez. As if I wanted her to anyway. She offered to cap the free edge’s polish but I said no, wary of previous services. She said she would be willing to give me the refund and a free service next week (that she doesn’t like soaking off products but will build over it and remove the damaged product) but again I’m just not feeling it 😒

I’m just a bit worried going next week to the salon with all these abrasive marks. I wonder if the soaking will irritate it and if I should wsit

Last night , the salon called me. The owner said she wanted to see me before they give me a refund and I said ok only so I can get my money. Tech said she won't touch but wants to look at my nails. She said there was “nothing wrong with them...” she felt each one individually and swore they wouldn’t lift for 2-3 weeks and the acetone wasn’t on long enough. Was rubbing them to check for lifts like one checks for breast lumps lol I commented that how can she even tell with polish on and she said she wouldn’t drill them and break up the product more geez. As if I wanted her to anyway. She offered to cap the free edge’s polish but I said no, wary of previous services. She said she would be willing to give me the refund and a free service next week (that she doesn’t like soaking off products but will build over it and remove the damaged product) but again I’m just not feeling it 😒

I’m just a bit worried going next week to the salon with all these abrasive marks. I wonder if the soaking will irritate it and if I should wsit

Take your refund, refuse the appointment.

Leave them alone, stop overthinking it and see Kelly next week

Take your refund, refuse the appointment.

Leave them alone, stop overthinking it and see Kelly next week

Oh yes I’m not going back. I got my money last night and... You got it :)

Trinity said: If I was her i would want to see them before deciding what to do, she may be able to correctly remove the Gel polish, thin out the existing acrylic and rebalance. Sometimes if the nails are damaged it better to work over the existing product (with warnings that there are no guarantees how well it will hold up). Uncovering nails in poor condition can do more harm than good.

I’ve had other new clients who came in with ugly, overbuilt acrylics and I assure them that they won’t recognize the end product when I’m finished redoing them. In fact, I like that challenge. I can look through the mess and see the fine art underneath. No need to soak if rebalancing and removing loose bits will do the trick.

I totally agree with Trinity on this. This is the proper way to transition from one tech and one product to another.

I haven’t been online for a bit and not keeping up with Lil’ PB drama saga! So, I binged today. I love y’all.

Seriously, these forums give me perspective in life. I’m more empathetic, patient and thoughtful.

Trinity said: If I was her i would want to see them before deciding what to do, she may be able to correctly remove the Gel polish, thin out the existing acrylic and rebalance. Sometimes if the nails are damaged it better to work over the existing product (with warnings that there are no guarantees how well it will hold up). Uncovering nails in poor condition can do more harm than good.

I’ve had other new clients who came in with ugly, overbuilt acrylics and I assure them that they won’t recognize the end product when I’m finished redoing them. In fact, I like that challenge. I can look through the mess and see the fine art underneath. No need to soak if rebalancing and removing loose bits will do the trick.

I totally agree with Trinity on this. This is the proper way to transition from one tech and one product to another.

I haven’t been online for a bit and not keeping up with Lil’ PB drama saga! So, I binged today. I love y’all.

Seriously, these forums give me perspective in life. I’m more empathetic, patient and thoughtful.

Thank you. Do you think I can make my nail drama into a sitcom? Lol 😂 always something. The pandemic anxiety can be season 1 and this salon horror can be season 2. Maybe it’s a 3 part season with the finale being Kelly and a finally satisfactory resolution haha a real tear jerker happy ending lol

Thank you. Do you think I can make my nail drama into a sitcom? Lol 😂 always something. The pandemic anxiety can be season 1 and this salon horror can be season 2. Maybe it’s a 3 part season with the finale being Kelly and a finally satisfactory resolution haha a real tear jerker happy ending lol

Nah! This is daily life for us Nail Techs, nothing new or exciting 🤣

Nah! This is daily life for us Nail Techs, nothing new or exciting 🤣

Lol this is why I felt so bad putting up a stink with the techs cause I love you ladies and same profession, I know it can be rough but I think more than anything all the blood and abrasions made me fume. So much pain and peeling and I’m so good at upkeep. Just shouldn’t be!

For no other reason but to just showcase what not to do I want you guys to see how they are 3 days after the incident!! Lol 😂 I’m just saying I have gotten better in those discount salons. Wow this is so bad lol 😂 gonna fix it in a few days and will update but I look and just laugh 😆

Attachments

• 064B0F27-3D80-4A8D-A1AC-BDD3D7481116.jpeg
    064B0F27-3D80-4A8D-A1AC-BDD3D7481116.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • B8D024A7-4737-4C8C-983B-F49121516250.jpeg
    B8D024A7-4737-4C8C-983B-F49121516250.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • 4073CC08-C44A-4AF3-8C46-729FFE6F9077.jpeg
    4073CC08-C44A-4AF3-8C46-729FFE6F9077.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 40F07FA2-298E-4884-B63C-4427B3E7DFB4.jpeg
    40F07FA2-298E-4884-B63C-4427B3E7DFB4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • B6BE3C42-91CB-4F7C-9A77-1347A652C5AD.jpeg
    B6BE3C42-91CB-4F7C-9A77-1347A652C5AD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Ok I wanted to update you all.. I feel so bad but my hub kindly requested since the service is free I do my rebalance with the previous tech. I told Kelly way in advance and have rebooked her for April 17. I will update you on the product then. The free tech service I am satisfied with though, for now. I expect there can be some possible issues but I’m ok with that. I totally get the money thing as I have been spending an arm and a leg. If you’re curious here is the product.

Attachments

• 241B157E-01C6-454D-926D-0C6BB89FC9A7.jpeg
    241B157E-01C6-454D-926D-0C6BB89FC9A7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • A04B1AEC-B47C-472C-B1B5-A0AFBC588D48.jpeg
    A04B1AEC-B47C-472C-B1B5-A0AFBC588D48.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • BE43E593-2D17-4C9E-94A1-63103A137812.jpeg
    BE43E593-2D17-4C9E-94A1-63103A137812.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • A621FDBB-18E1-48AB-8264-3A7D13F4030F.jpeg
    A621FDBB-18E1-48AB-8264-3A7D13F4030F.jpeg