2 beads or 3??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Now please don't shout (i'm new to all this).

It just occured to me that when i was taught to do L&P the person that trained me used just 2 beads to cover the nail.

However, since i've been trying to do L&P i've been trying to use to use 3 (zones 1,2 and 3) as i 've read loads and everywhere seems to do this.

Does anyone know if it makes much of a difference if you use 2 or 3 beads???

Sorry for sounding thick, but i'm just wondering if it doesn't make any difference then maybe i'd be better using 2 as i'm not having much luck using 3.

Em.xx

Hi Emma

Generally we are trained to use 3 beads: the first one at the free edge (zone 1), the second one is the stress area just above the free edge (zone 2) and the third one is up to the cuticle (zone 3) (well not totally up to the cuticle but you know what i mean!).

Everyone has their own techniques but the reason for doing it in more stages is that it stands more chance of not lifting if its done in parts (well that's what i think i was taught but somebody may correct me here :eek: ). If you are working on somebody with small nail beds and often the pinky finger, you may only want to use two beads. As long as you ensure you press the product into place it shouldnt make a difference. I sometimes use two and sometimes use three.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Carole xx

Thanks Carole, yeah it was with the people with small nail beds that i was thinking.

Think i'll just do as i feel suits at the time.

Em.xx

As Carole says, it does not matter if you use 1, 2 or 3 beads, provided that you establish the right balance in the structure.

We generally teach beginners to use 3 beads to ensure that they establish both balance and beauty. Whether you use 1,2, or 3 beads has less to do with lifting and everything to do with beauty and balance.

If 2 beads is working for you then fine. If your clients are suffering from breakages then you are not getting the balance right and should perhaps change to 3 beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back