2 questions recently asked

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginner2012

Reaction score
Hello

I have recently just started in nails. I am only doing family and friends nails atm to gain confidence and experience.
It's going ok so far, making sure the acrylic bead is of good quality is my main challenge atm.

However, I was asked by my friends mum two questions which I froze on answering and said I would let her know next time; :rolleyes:

Why must you press and smooth liquid and powder when applying the product?
What is the purpose of applying liquid and powder in the three zones?

When I was training I never really asked this I just automatically did it. She was asking me as she may start having her nails done to.

Thanks

Hi Hun Welcome to the forums :)

As regards to the two questions, well at the risk of sounding unhelpful these are really two things you should be taught within the first couple of sessions, so if I was you I would be phoning my tutor and asking for a 1 to 1 session where they can answer all of these very basic questions. If you haven't been taught this already I`d be really worried especially if you have paid for an expensive course.

You owe it to yourself to be the most educated you can and if you have paid for a course that is lacking in basic knowledge then perhaps I`d be looking to train elsewhere to save yourself any future embarrassment if a 'real' client has asked a similar question.

Who did you train with? xx

Thought so, I did a home learning course with stonebridge university.

Did 12 assignments - not all questions related to the topic I was learning but managed to answer all questions.
I had a nail card and sent the nails off towards the end to be assessed.

The course has finished now so not really sure who to ask. Never met my tutor I could probably email, just though this would be quicker. :/

:s

Hiyas

I have to agree with the above, but I'd also suggest getting a couple of very good books, they are like a bible for reminding a rereading, I love mine.

The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman

And

Nailclass by Gigi Rouse

Both very useful hun :)

Thought so, I did a home learning course with stonebridge university.

Did 12 assignments - not all questions related to the topic I was learning but managed to answer all questions.
I had a nail card and sent the nails off towards the end to be assessed.

The course has finished now so not really sure who to ask. Never met my tutor I could probably email, just though this would be quicker. :/

:s
Hi I’m new on hear to I am on same question I’m also learning with Stonebridge college online at home any help and advice would be great thanks

Hi I’m new on hear to I am on same question I’m also learning with Stonebridge college online at home any help and advice would be great thanks

The poster you’ve quoted has been absent from Salon Geek for many years, so perhaps create a new thread of your own with the questions you want to ask?

Latest posts

Back