2 week lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Please excuse me if any of you think this is a daft question but here goes.

I do semi-permanent lashes and am fairly pleased with results. However I have a couple of clients who would like lashes just for a special occasion so I have bought some of the lashes that have to removed after a couple of weeks. I was shown these on my brow and lash tinting course, although we didn't actually get the chance to have a go with them.

My question is how are the adhered? I mean with the eyelash extensions you separate the lashes and adhere to individual lashes but the tutor didn't separate and just sort of plonked them on. does it matter what lash you adhere to eg short, mid length or the longer natural lash that will obviously be the first to fall out? Also don't you have to tape down the bottom lashes? How do they not stick to the bottom ones. I'm going to have a practise on my sister this weekend. I wanted to out them on myself but I need my glasses for close up work and just couldn't do it.

Many thanks
Lorraine x

these lashes are a bit rudimentary, i take it you are talking about cluster lashes? It doesn't matter on which legnth of lash you put them on as these ones need to be applied to the base of the eyelashes. Start by applying the middle lashes, then work your way out to the corner. Then apply to the inner corner if needed. What glue are you using? The best way is to put a little of the glue onto a piece tin foil and dip the eyelash into that. hth x

Thank you for your reply. Just using the glue that came with them. Salon serve I think it is. I assume I can't use my eyelash extension glue :confused:

Also I don't really know how much to charge. I'm thinking if I offer this service to clients who just want them for just special ocassions then they will see how lovely longer lashes look and then hopefully go the lash extensions. I can only try. x

The only problems i've ever come across is using the glue that is white, as it can be quite noticable. I buy a seperate glue which is clear. I think eyelure do a clear one. You'll need to get the remover, either to give to the client to take home to do or to perform a removal on her (or did it come with remover?) Think the average charge for this service is £12-£15.

I tape down the lashes and use the semi permanent lash glue and apply the cluster lashes.
These are very popular and be great to offer it for xmas lots of parties coming up

Thank you for your advice and its good to hear I can still use the glue I use now for extensions, for the cluster lashes. I have the debonder and use black glue.

Do I attach them 2mm from the lashline as taught for the extensions or can they go closer?

Many thanks
Lorraine

I was advised nott o use the same glue that is used for the semi perminant eyelashes for cluster lashes, the cluster lashes, when applied, are adhered to more than one of the clients natural lashes, and as the glue for the SP lash extensions is so strong, as the lashes grow, all at their own deffierent and natural cycle, the lashes will tug and pull, and could be uncomfortable for the client. There are glues that you can buy specificaly fo this purpose, I have at the moment salon services one, but have heard in the past that dimples glue is a good one, not used it myself yet though but has good things said about it xx

Ive used the black salon services glue before but only found it lasted around one day before lots were falling out :-(

Is it possible to do the training just for the 2 week eyelashes rather than the full training for the permanent ones. Does anyone know who if anyone does this. Thanks in advance :green::)

You should definitely NOT use semi permanent lash adhesive for cluster lashes.

Sorry posted in the wrong forum x

You should definitely NOT use semi permanent lash adhesive for cluster lashes.

As I found today when I did my sister's lashes. OMG I nearly blinded her. I honestly don't know what happend but her eyes started to sting so I quickly began taking the lashes off, then the debonder got in her eye, so we were washing it out and then her eyes were stuck together.

Talk about frightening. I got them out in the end and surprisingly her eyes were fine. She even managed to laugh about it afterwards. I thought these lashes were supposed to be quick and simple, wish I had convinced her to have the semi-permanent ones again but she only wanted them for next weekend. Thank goodness we had a practise today.

I think the glue was obviously too strong and \i may have put them to close to the lash line.

What a nightmare.

That was a lucky escape:eek:

I find the ss glue has a very strong odour, this is proberly why it stung. I think you may need to change glues! xoxo

we were taught to use the glue that comes with the cluster lashes but it really is crap did not even last 4 hours when we put them in in class . I can understand why we are not to use the semi permenant glue but what glue can you use and has anyone ever had them last the two weeks ??

We offer training in Express lashes which last 2 weeks which should be removed at 2 weeks to avoid damage. These lashes are an express version of semi perm lashes without the high price and and time consume.

You need to have completed a semi perm lash course in order to do these type of lashes for insurance purposes.

I think the 2 week lashes you are referring to are party lashes (cluster/ind lashes) that can be purchased from suppliers. These lashes normally dont last longer than a couple of days/eves if that. You should not be using semi perm lash glue on cluster party lashes (could cause huge issues and you would leave yourself potentially liable for negligence).

If you would like details of our express course just pm xx

Latest posts

Back