2 week Shellac verdict

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisasnails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

So I have had Shellac in my nails now for 2 weeks and 2 days :) and it has been great!! I do feel like the edges are starting to peel/get weak but bear in mind I have had acrylics for years but after acrylics I used this other gel which I had to buff off as it would not come off :( I really do not like buffing my nails at all but every time I scrub fresh there was still more product on there!! but as I wear it more and more my nails will get stronger :) plus im a notorious picking and have not worn gloves at all so to be honest I am the one to blame for this not the Shellac haha...so I think it has done pretty dam well in that case.

I have ordered a Konad kit so I am just waiting for that to arrive then I will re-Shellac, Whoop Whoop! Just to decide on a colour......and a design.

My clients I have done so far are amazed that it has stuck on so long and not chipped and are loving it! I just want more colours now eeeeeh!

I thought I would just add a pic of my nails after two weeks,I did file them with a natural nail abrasive after about 8 days I think.

Attachments

• Sellac 2 weeks.jpg
    Sellac 2 weeks.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 292
  • shellac  2 weeks 1.jpg
    shellac 2 weeks 1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 290
not quite sure why this was moved as this chit chat forum say its for: Please post non industry related topics here. which it is industry related, im talking about Shellac.

where the forum I posted it in was for: Nail professionals discussing all aspects of hand and foot care. which I though was what I was talking about???

bit confused if someone could clarify this for me it would be good, thanks!

Possibly because you aren't asking a question hon.

Have you visited the Shellac lovers group yet by the way? Might be a good place to discuss your progress, or a blog or chitchat. Xx

If you filed the free edge you would of broken the seal and that will cause them to left. Why did you file after 8 days ? They look very nice though shellac is an amazing product. I hardly ever use anything else these days. My clients love it xx

Hi Geeks!

So I have had Shellac in my nails now for 2 weeks and 2 days :) and it has been great!! I do feel like the edges are starting to peel/get weak but bear in mind I have had acrylics for years but after acrylics I used this other gel which I had to buff off as it would not come off :( I really do not like buffing my nails at all but every time I scrub fresh there was still more product on there!! but as I wear it more and more my nails will get stronger :) plus im a notorious picking and have not worn gloves at all so to be honest I am the one to blame for this not the Shellac haha...so I think it has done pretty dam well in that case.

I have ordered a Konad kit so I am just waiting for that to arrive then I will re-Shellac, Whoop Whoop! Just to decide on a colour......and a design.

My clients I have done so far are amazed that it has stuck on so long and not chipped and are loving it! I just want more colours now eeeeeh!

I thought I would just add a pic of my nails after two weeks,I did file them with a natural nail abrasive after about 8 days I think.

They are lovely.

xxx

Possibly because you aren't asking a question hon.

Have you visited the Shellac lovers group yet by the way? Might be a good place to discuss your progress, or a blog or chitchat. Xx

Yeah I thought I should have put it there after my post had been moved :) I will do that from now on xx

If you filed the free edge you would of broken the seal and that will cause them to left. Why did you file after 8 days ? They look very nice though shellac is an amazing product. I hardly ever use anything else these days. My clients love it xx

I have seen Gigi say that filling the free edge is ok as long as it's on a 45 degree angle with a 240 grit abrasive (or what ever the grit is can't remember but I have the right file) and it didn't break the free egde just made then look new again :) I filed them as I could see a bit of white at the free edge so wanted to make them look new again :D yes I love it too!!! Thanks for the responses

Latest posts

Back