2 weeks and 6 days rebalance question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeklings...

I have a small question that seems to bother me and don,t really know what to do.

There is a customer that always comes to the salon every 2 weeks and 6 days *just one day before 3 weeks* because i charge extra from three weeks on. Do i charge her for a 2 week rebalance or a 3 week rebalance?

Dont really know what to do with this tiney problem which actually bothers me...

Any suggestions more then welcome :hug:

I would charge for 3 weeks, anything over 16 days I charge at 3 weeks rate.:)

Whaaaaaat!! The cheek of it, some clients dont arf push their luck. Anything over 2 weeks and I charge at 3 week price.

That,s a good strategy...cause i feel kind of ripped of in this way.
I actually allready feel relieved that i can tell her something to break this enoying routine.
Thanks a lot to have taken the time... it was really helpfull

Hi!
How some people have the nerve... I would also charge for 3 weeks. I have a woman who comes in every 7(!) weeks with nails long as.. I charge her for a full new set every time. I have told her that if she would come more often, she wouldn´t have to pay for a new set AND she would have good looking nails all the time but...

Whaaaaaat!! The cheek of it, some clients dont arf push their luck. Anything over 2 weeks and I charge at 3 week price.

Yeah ... many always try to cut corners and find a way to try not to pay or get it cheaper. Sometimes i think that it,s mentally tyering these customers :confused:

I guess i have to be firmer...i,m a whimp :lol:

Sorry but I think that's quite funny, although I can see how it would drive you mad! The cheeky moo! Good idea charging more after 16 days. Had never thought of this.

I would maybe have a 'price restructure' and tell this client that you have had to review prices etc and to make it fairer then from a certain date (give her a few weeks notice) any client having maintenace after the 16 day cut off will be charged at the 3 week rate.:)

Sorry but I think that's quite funny, although I can see how it would drive you mad! The cheeky moo! Good idea charging more after 16 days. Had never thought of this.

Yeah my husband actually thinks that it is funny how some women are...he jokes about it a lot and i can only force my smile like so => :confused:
But it,s really a cool idea... i think after 2 to 3 days when they go over 2 weeks it,s a three week charge...thats it... no more nagging :green: I feel powerfull just imagening saying it to her LOL

Yeah my husband actually thinks that it is funny how some women are...he jokes about it a lot and i can only force my smile like so => :confused:
But it,s really a cool idea... i think after 2 to 3 days when they go over 2 weeks it,s a three week charge...thats it... no more nagging :green: I feel powerfull just imagening saying it to her LOL

Yea, you go girl!!:lol:

I would maybe have a 'price restructure' and tell this client that you have had to review prices etc and to make it fairer then from a certain date (give her a few weeks notice) any client having maintenace after the 16 day cut off will be charged at the 3 week rate.:)

yeah yeah defenitly! I wouldn,t even dare to do it without warning or i would have to hold on to my manicure table and have to let the verbal shockwave pass by.

I always "warn" all my regulars that I´m raising my prices. Noone has ever complained.
But another interesting question, du you do your friends nails for less?
I have a friend who is contstantly nagging me to give har " a good buddy price", pleeeeaaaase! And I always have said no. The other day we were talking to another friend and the subject came up. I said that I have been working for 2 hours on her nails and minus the material...
I charge 40 euro for a refill, I told her to do the math and she hasn´t said anything since then.

I don,t do friends for a good price but i do my upcomming sister in laws nails whenever i have the time and when i feel like it and when it suits me.
If i do her nails it,s always after my hours. I do them for free since she is going to be family and they do stuff back for us * it works two ways *
But no friend or buddy discounts...you will find out that you have many friends all of a sudden :green:
The funniest one that i ever heard was a woman that lives in the building where the salon is where i am currently renting my own space said....
Because i live in the same building i get 50% discount on your services...i thought you wish!! :eek: People sometimes make up their own priviliges i guess

I would also charge her the 3 week price. I have a client who has recently stopped coming to me because she doesnt want to pay the 3 week price. Unbelievable since when she first came to me I kid you not her nails were half an inch thick, but she would obviously rather thick ugly nails which cost her £3 less!! - some folk.:mad:

I would also charge her the 3 week price. I have a client who has recently stopped coming to me because she doesnt want to pay the 3 week price. Unbelievable since when she first came to me I kid you not her nails were half an inch thick, but she would obviously rather thick ugly nails which cost her £3 less!! - some folk.:mad:

I need to change my mentality aswell a bit. It,s better to get rid of them since they don,t see or value the quality difference. Then i think, i didn,t went trough al this training to be putted down like that and have to almoste negotiate the price like i am on a flee market... I know how you feel *:hug:*

I need to change my mentality aswell a bit. It,s better to get rid of them since they don,t see or value the quality difference. Then i think, i didn,t went trough al this training to be putted down like that and have to almoste negotiate the price like i am on a flee market... I know how you feel *:hug:*

Very true hun, I would charge the 3 week rate without question. If your client wants beautiful nails, she will do what it takes.

I found it very hard at first to take into consideration the fact that I was trained, I have worked hard and I have a salon to run! I don't take crap from anyone these days, and its worked :green:

Good luck, let us know how you get on with this client :hug:

I charge at upto 2 weeks upto 3weeks etc.

I would do one of 2 things;
1# Charge 3 weeks even if its 1 day over 2 weeks.
2# When che comes in the next time at 2 weeks & 6 days, I would say,
I'm very sorry but we cant fit you in today, but we have an opening tomorrow!

That should fix her, what a rude cheap customer!

Also on the friends thing. i do my 2 closest friends nails for FREE, come on peeps,
how can you not treat your girls to some pampering, because i dont know about you, but in my case they were the ones who helped me become as good as i am, with letting
me practice practice practice on them even when i was real crap at doing nails!

I have 2 friends.. (my chosen family).. who i would never dream of charging.. everytime they say "let me give you something" i say bugger off!! these chicks would be at my door in a heart beat if i needed them or not.. and more often then not i need them! I choose these two as my patsy's.. they let me do whatever i want so they are valuable in more ways then one!

Oh and the cheeky mare who comes in a day before 3 weeks.. well i admire her spunk.. I shake my head at the front of some.. i dont know how they come up with it!

Latest posts

Back