20 minute acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlene said:
I just remembered another aspect of the 20 minute nails. After dipping the brush into the monomer she placed it flat on paper towel and used a cuticle stick to flatten the hairs of the brush from the shaft to the flags. Doing this a couple of times she removed the excess liquid in the brush. She then began her application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Charlene.
i guess she did this to spread out her brush as large as possible for a large ball, also to enable her to tap the sides, maybe a quick clean at the same time? but as kimmi said what a waste of monomer, also extra odour in the salon. good quality liquid costs so much i would hate to be leaving half of it in a paper towel. but then again if you can charge $45 for 2Omins work then its not an issue!

Charlene said:
I just remembered another aspect of the 20 minute nails. After dipping the brush into the monomer she placed it flat on paper towel and used a cuticle stick to flatten the hairs of the brush from the shaft to the flags. Doing this a couple of times she removed the excess liquid in the brush. She then began her application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Charlene.
this is the way i clean my brush ...... i use an oval brush, size 10, which i flatten (fan), using a cuticle stick in this way cleans the brush and also keeps it in shape, when i apply (i call it one strip) i pick up a strip of acrylic, turn my brush sideways and apply the strip down the centre of the nail, then pat it into shape, i very rarely wipe my brush during application, rather i bleed out and use all the liquid in the brush, then clean my brush as you mentioned, you cannot use one ball method with all products, it depends on the setup time, the product i use tends to rubberize for quite some time before it sets, this help in shaping the bead (or strip) before it eventually sets

is that the 'paddle method' that you mentioned briefly in a previous post, nailzoo?

This is a very interesting thread - will be asking about the 2 bead method on my next skillbuilds and my 121, anything that might speed up my application would be fab! (not the one bead as I don't ever use one colour) xx

I try and do this one ball method on my mother in laws nails but some I did get a bubble, probably did not get a right ratio. I would do it again! again!

rosenails said:
I try and do this one ball method on my mother in laws nails but some I did get a bubble, probably did not get a right ratio. I would do it again! again

I cant wait to learn to do forever french with white powder, as my friends get their nails done by a creative tech and theirs look so much nicer than mine, as the salon I go to only do white tips. I so wish their nail tech could fit another client onto her list!!!

*****They didnt do much prep work - she filed my old nail polish off*****

They FILED your nail polish off???? I would have thought that this would have really damaged the nail plate! I just wonder what product they used if they didnt do much PREP and you had no lifting..it wasnt by any chance MMA as I knew someone who had a set done in UK in about 25mins without much PREP but they were MMA.:(

having used 3 bead or more ... if I was having a bad day :o method for like four years if not more .. I recently did my VCTC and was taught one bead, which I meet with the nerves of a kitten the thought of doing all the work of 3 beads in one terrified me ...
but having practiced a few times, I realise there is a time and a place for both methods ... depending on what the client wants ... and its a lot faster .. as all of ya know, but I still love my 3 beads .. and I still like my more natural looking nails.. but I have one canadian and two american clients and they are used to that method and that finish look ....
have to say ... if its acrylic its all good ... cant seem to master gel at all it has to be said :| ...

Well I did ask at another of there stores what brand acrylic they use and they said most likely it was creative. So I'm not too sure. :)

What so they didn't know for sure what brand they were using. If it were Creative productsthey would have done training with them wouldn't they?

I don'tunderstand how they wouldn't know...

Just been reading though this thread. I'm doing an acrylic one bead method course in Doncaster in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to learning this method. I always do my 3 zones Iike was taught. I don't do many pink and whites these days as 80% of my clients prefer one colour acrylics with shellac or gel polish over so being able to do this will benefit me greatly.

Just been reading though this thread. I'm doing an acrylic one bead method course in Doncaster in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to learning this method. I always do my 3 zones Iike was taught. I don't do many pink and whites these days as 80% of my clients prefer one colour acrylics with shellac or gel polish over so being able to do this will benefit me greatly.
This thread is 11 years old which is a long long time before Shellac was brought out and when most acrylics were French. Things have changed immensely in that time. Good luck with your course though and let us know how you get on.

Latest posts

Back