20 week scan - Gastroschisis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
Hey geeks.

Had a hard week..
We went for our 20 week scan on Thursday and they told us our little baby has this condition.
It's where her bowel/small intestine is on the outside of her belly.

We got referred to st George's hospital in London the next day, for another scan and talks with the professor.

I'm going to have to be induced at 38 weeks up there (1 hour from where we live) so baby can have an op to correct as soon as baby is born.

Lots of scans and trips to London.

I've come on here to see if any of you have had any experience in this?

After one normal pregnancy and dream birth, this is a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks for reading x x x

Hey
I haven't experienced this myself but one of the first episodes of one born every minute had a baby in it that had this. The baby was absolutely fine in the end. I think the mum had some other complications meaning they had to get the baby out before 38 weeks but that doesn't mean it would happen to you.

I hope everything goes well for you and your baby. The doctors know what they're doing. Good luck sweetie and massive hugs x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Oh Sarah what a scary time for you all :( yes I also saw the OBEM episode. I'm sure the baby will be absolutely fine but I can't imagine how emotional you are going to feel. The good thing it is was seen in the scan so they are completely on the ball. I'm sure you and your baby girl will be in good hands. Perhaps see if there are any support groups with people going through the same thing. A friend has just had a baby girl with a large cyst on her back / bum. Very scary for them but the hosp has been great and she's going to be fine :)
It always amazes me what little fighters these baby's are and how they overcome so many obstacles. Your lil girls condition as far as I know is completely reversible which is a very positive thing.

Big hugs to you xxx

Well firstly congrats your having a girl ! I have heard of this and apparently they can sort it out and get the intestines back where they should be I don't know much about this but wanted to say don't worry and sorry it's not the best news but also congratulations , hope all goes well for you and your family Xx

Thank you all!

It's very scary, and I know she will be fine!

These things are so much better when you talk :)

x x x

I'm sure she will be gorgeous ! Xx

My god daughter had this, the mother had a natural birth and after a little op all is fine x

My girlfriends daughter had this op when born she is now 18 never had any issues after op.

Latest posts

Back