23 years old and turning grey !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
I am only 23 and i have mulptiple grey hairs. The downpart is that my natural haircolor is dark brown to black and it really shows a lot. Before it was hidden when i was 18/19 years old but now they start to show slightly on the front so i can,t cover it up. I feel depressed thinking that i will have to color my hair for the rest of my life :-(

I know that this is genetic since my mom had this aswell and one of my brothers starts to go in the same way. My question is if there is any way to slow down this process or which is the best way to hide it without having to color my outgrowth every 3 to 4 weeks?

I really feel so disadvantaged because of this and blame my moms genes all the time :lol:

your not the only one, im 22 and have been going grey for a couple of years, its got worse over the last 12 months!!

I dye my roots every 3 weeks to keep up with it!

Its a sad sad story! haha.

My fella pulled out a grey hair from my hair last week.. gotta say Im 31 and it certainly made me feel my age!! Is it true if you puul one out 10 more take its place?? Probably an old wifes tale.. but my friend told me so i thought id ask!

haha, no i dont think its true!!!

Not sure if mens hair is different to womens, but my hubby had been going grey since the age of 25 :eek:, its a slow process with him, but he now has grey sides and a bit of grey in his fringe area.

My Nan only started going grey 5 years ago, she is 83 now so Im hoping that I'll inherit the genes for NO grey hair.

Im not bothered about going grey its just the upkeep of dying it every few weeks!

I'm the same if there was a cure for it I'd be made up:lol:

Sorry ladies, There isn't any way that I have ever heard of in slowing the process down.

Wives tales that if you pull one, 10 more come back. I think some hairstylist made that up to keep the hairs on the clients head. :D
Although I swear it could be true on my head.

Stress is also a main factor in grey hair and of course as mentioned above, heretiary.

If you pull one, what can happen is- it Might change the shape of the follicle and it might come in a different texture ie. courser.

Grey hair keeps us hairstylist in business don't ya know?:D

Know how you feel :irked:

When I found my first grey/white hair, I was absolutely mortified. Now that I a few more though, a semi-permanent hair colour every 3 months is the best solution for me.

Know how you feel :irked:

When I found my first grey/white hair, I was absolutely mortified. Now that I a few more though, a semi-permanent hair colour every 3 months is the best solution for me.

every THREE MONTHS?!?!?!?!

I wish i only hd to do it that often!

Well i have to say that i feel good knowing that i,m not alone :).

i hate it when people actually say oh my god is that grey haaaaaaaaaaaair!!?? :irked: When i go to the hairdresser they always need to mention it, like i haven,t noticed what grows out of my head. I get a bit sensitive about it then.

Maybe i can hope that it gets fast completely grey so i can color my hair blonde for the first time ever :green: The structure of my hair doesn,t look any different though...maybe that will come later :confused:

I hope i will get less pickey and bothered by it when i grow older.

I have the same problem. Thing is my mother in law is 76 and still has most of the colour in her haie. Here's hoping my children take after their Dad's side of the family in the hair department

My fella pulled out a grey hair from my hair last week.. gotta say Im 31 and it certainly made me feel my age!! Is it true if you puul one out 10 more take its place?? Probably an old wifes tale.. but my friend told me so i thought id ask!

Hi , No I don't honestly think you wont get ten in its place , its an old wives tale, I think I hope :eek: ,
but I have heard some of us hair professionals say that it can distort the hair follicles and when they grow back they can then sometimes grow like wire wool and sort of frizzy thick things like (public hairs) :eek: if you know what I mean , LOL :hug:

LOL minky. That is just what I posted earlier..LOL ..great minds think alike!

LOL minky. That is just what I posted earlier..LOL ..great minds think alike!

AHH Sorry JDs, you did too, just seen it oops :smack: LOL

Latest posts

Back