$230 for color, good or too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henyeboah

Reaction score
Hi, I plan to get my hair bleach and toned to a light blonde. I have dark 4C hair that has been dye(black). What is a reasonable price point? I know it will take two sessions to get that color I want. so per session is $230 a reasonable price.

I imagine it may take longer then just 2 sessions especially if you care about health of hair. Usually I have a base price and the $100 per hour.

100 Australian dollars or American?

Hi, I plan to get my hair bleach and toned to a light blonde. I have dark 4C hair that has been dye(black). What is a reasonable price point? I know it will take two sessions to get that color I want. so per session is $230 a reasonable price.
I think you should start off by having your hair hi-lighted with two sessions and then try a scalp bleach application.

I think you should start off by having your hair hi-lighted with two sessions and then try a scalp bleach application.
thanks, but would be the ballpark, price wise, for this

I imagine it may take longer then just 2 sessions especially if you care about health of hair. Usually I have a base price and the $100 per hour.

Thanks, 100 Australian dollars or American?

thanks, but would be the ballpark, price wise, for this
I'm not sure how much hi-lights is in your country but you need 2-3 sets of a fullhead hi-light to listen your hair up. In our country its around £90-150 average for a full head of hi lights per session.

I'm not sure how much hi-lights is in your country but you need 2-3 sets of a fullhead hi-light to listen your hair up. In our country its around £90-150 average for a full head of hi lights per session.

okay Thanks

I'm Australian, I can't quote how Americas pricing works.

A good colourist will want to use a colour remover first to remove the artificial colour before using bleach to lift hair that’s been coloured to a level 4.
It might initially seem cheaper to go down the bleach highlights route but it will take several sessions, not 2, and will cause some degree of damage to the hair. Plus the costs will add up over several sessions.

Dark natural coloured roots against pale blonde hair will show within 4 weeks so you should also factor in the ongoing regular expense involved in the upkeep.

Latest posts

Back