25 Creative ways to gain new clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys :)

I just thought I'd share what I just found online while looking for wording to gain new waxing clients in the new year. Of course looking after your existing clients is a great thing to do in the first instance but hey......:green:

25 Creative Ways to gain NEW clients

How people build their business with little money and a lot of tenacity.

Written Nov 12, 2008, read 2082 times since then.

HOW TO GET NEW CLIENTS!
1. Look in your address book for who you know in areas where your product or service could make a powerful impact. Give them something for free and brainstorm how you could impact people's lives. Ask for referrals...
2. What organizations/charities do you donate money to? Donate your product or service to the director, board members, clients, members etc. instead.
3. Have a wine, cheese party. Invite people you'd like to know better. Taste wine and cheese and demo your product. Claim clients.
4. What companies are you considering buying stock in, but you're not convinced it's a good investment? Reach out to HR, management, the big cheese, etc... Your sell being that you wouldn't invest in them until you knew they had a healthy organization with a strong culture. Create a proposal using your service as to how to get there.
5. Go door to door offering sample samples of your product!
6. Send one - get one free. To current clients - Send me a client, you'll get something for free.
7. If people keep saying 'NO'... raise your rates!
8. Tape yourself asking for the business... listen up. Would YOU hire YOU? If not... make the changes needed and try again.
9. Go to trade shows. NOT as an exhibitor... but to connect with company owners. Find out about their companies, discover their need, and then ask for the business.
10. Visit high-end craft fairs. Find artists whose work you believe in and claim them. (While you're there, buy a nice piece of artwork!)
11. Step outside your Niche. Go for a client COMPLETELY out of your realm of interest and zone of comfort. Learn what's available by working with THIS person, then come up with 10 new ways to market.
12. Bribery. Offer an incentive for anyone who connects you with someone who becomes a client.
13. Since the New Year is approaching, go to a New Years Eve party and ask everyone how they plan to support their resolution, with your service or product
14. Send out coupons or gift cards for a free product or service to everyone you know so that they can use them as gifts for friends (I Megan Anderson am giving a $100 gift card out now; I'll let you know how well it works. Also send me mail if you would like me to send you one, for business and life coaching.)
15. Go to the largest shopping mall in your area and watch the people all scrambling around during their holiday shopping. Get curious about their experience and start a conversation with them.
16. Send out business cards with hand written sticky notes attached to there door to everyone in your neighborhood introducing yourself. Not only might you be just what a neighbor is looking for, but you get to build community as well. (There is a way to do this so you don't have to hand write all the notes but it looks like you did. You just hand write six notes on a plain piece of copy paper, put it in your copier, then attach six sticky notes to the sheet of paper and put it in the feeder going down, and print. Presto you have six hand written notes.) Coaching your destiny has recommended may of it's clients to do this and it WORKS.
17. Create a competition with your friends and family. Whoever gets you the most referrals, you will donate to their favorite charity in their name. (This way everybody wins)
18. Make a goal to pass out 100 cards this month to anyone you meet. Tell them about a special gift you're offering for the holidays or New Years, or Arbor Day. Whatever the season, there's a reason.
19. Be certain that family and friends are aware of your offerings and encourage them to spread the word
20. The next time a telemarketer calls, ask them how satisfied they are with their job, or what is hard about it, or how do they feel when you turn them down. Take it from there.
21. Be interested in what others do: hopefully they'll return the favor.
22. Show your joy in your daily work. People want to purchase from someone who loves what they do.
23. Donate your services to an auction/ raffle/ contest/ drawing in exchange for advertizing.
24. Every time you buy something, thank the salesperson with a card or a coupon. They can either use it or give it away to someone that would be your ideal client.
25. Get on as many online networking sites as humanly possible. This really pays off and pushes potential clients to your web site.

It's from biznik.com, It's not specific to our industry but I think it has a lot of value :)

xx

Some really great ideas in there. Thanks!

Just bumping for newbies :)

(and some oldies who may not have seen it!)

Latest posts

Back