2nd set of Gel It! nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraceyJoJo

Reaction score
Done my EzFlow Gel It! progression course on Thursday (with the fabby Jess!) and these are my 2nd full set, done today (pics didn't come out too clear on the 1st set, nor did my smiles come to that:green:)

Gel is a bit wierd at the moment as I'm used to l&p, but think I'm gonna get there!

So, how can I improve please guys? Honest feedback appreciated.

Thanks in advance xx

2nd gel close up.jpg Close up version

Attachments

• 2nd gel.jpg
    2nd gel.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 195
I think these look gorgeous!!! Great set!!!

Looking great....on the middle finger of the close up pic, it looks like you haven't let the gel level enough before curing as you have that square thing that can't be blended out (technical term lol) that we all get when starting out with gel....well done!

Thanks guys!

Cathie, can you elaborate on that 'technical term' (love it!) please?
Your absolutely spot on, I didn't let it level (swiped smile line and quickly flashed it before it ran away lol) but cant see what you can see! What am I looking at?

they are beautiful:hug:

See on the middle finger, instead of the pink sweeping down nicely to the side wall, it kind of has a bit of an angle, squarish, I find this happening when you haven't let the gel level enough before curing or applying gel too thickly towards the side walls, so it's difficult to file in as there is too much gel between your bonder layer and your builder....can you see it?

I think I see what you mean now:green:

As I look at my screen, the left side of the smile line is a bit squarer...is that what I'm looking at?

Thanks for your help btw:hug:

It's the side wall, your smiles look fab!

:lol:lol:lol: Must be nearly bed time! Doh! Sorry!

Ok, so the left hand side wall is too square?

Can you see, especially on the pinkie, how her (my unwilling sister!) fingers lay a bit sideways? Maybe I let the pink level too much and it ran to the left hand side? Or am I just making up things as I go now?:lol: Did have huge trouble trying to keep her fingers straight.

You know, I think it might just be the picture.:Grope:

I'll ask her to pop round so I can check them over in the flesh!

I think they are good :)

Great try.
These look really nice. Well done you.
But yes it does take a bit of getting used to if you are only used to l&p.:lol:

These are so much better already!
Can't wait for next Thursday :)
Well done mate

These are so much better already!
Can't wait for next Thursday :)
Well done mate

Yeah, sorry about the state of yours hon:o, hopefully they will look ALOT better next Thurs, well, whats left of them:lol::lick: :hug::hug::hug:

Thanks everyone for your comments xx

Latest posts

Back