3/4 head micro ring placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtneybaines

LavishExtensions
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently trained with Belle Hair Academy (kinda wish i didn't lol) - i'm trained in micro rings, nano rings, fusion bonds, easy shrinks and tapes

I have a client who wants a 3/4 head of micro rings fitting, she has ordered 125g 20" hair

just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on placement of the hair extensions as belle didn't really go into detail about this :/

I have only fitted full heads of hair up to now and don't want to be short on hair!

thanks so much :)

is it 3/4 because shes just looking for thickness? or is it for length and thickness - it's just her hair is fine so doesn't need as much?

really i wouldn't fit any different if it's just her hair is so fine that a 'normal' full head would be too much.
if it's just for thickness, then i'd start a little further up for the nape section and again fit as normal from there.

it just depends why shes only having 3/4 head. if it's to fill out parts of the hair that are thinner, focus there, if it's just for the sides start there and work back.

Thanks for your reply I have fitted them now. However only managed to get 90 strands in out of the 125..?

The extensions were just for length purposes her natural hair was about 14" in length and was a happy medium not too thick but not thin either. I tried to put less hair in the rings to fit more in but found that it pulled on her hair due to the silicone! Is this a normal thing?

Her hair is full and looks lovely but I didn't want to put more in as they would've been too visible and close to the sides and on the top of her head

Thanks for your reply I have fitted them now. However only managed to get 90 strands in out of the 125..?

The extensions were just for length purposes her natural hair was about 14" in length and was a happy medium not too thick but not thin either. I tried to put less hair in the rings to fit more in but found that it pulled on her hair due to the silicone! Is this a normal thing?

Her hair is full and looks lovely but I didn't want to put more in as they would've been too visible and close to the sides and on the top of her head

Hello countyneybaines
I have paid a deposit to belle hair extensions do you not think I should bother to do the course with them. I have booked a 121 as I am dyslexic and can’t afford to pay so much money and not get it first time round

Hello countyneybaines
I have paid a deposit to belle hair extensions do you not think I should bother to do the course with them. I have booked a 121 as I am dyslexic and can’t afford to pay so much money and not get it first time round
Hi!

I did a group session and 5 methods in one day with about 15 other people and there was only 2 people teaching the class there just wasn't enough help to go around. Don't get me wrong I'm a quick learner but would've been a lot better with less people or more staff!

I think a 121 session would make a whole lot of difference I'm sure that you will be fine! If I can give you any advice I would just make sure you ask all the questions you need to no matter how silly they sound! :)

Aww’ thanks you so much for getting back so quickly yes most course can just have to many people on them so I opted to pay extra to get undivided attention due to my learning difficulty.
How have you been getting on know though? And is there anything you want me to ask that you’d like to know while I’ll be there? I’m going on Friday 24 May and I have chosen these 5 Fusion Celebrity weave Micro & Nano rings Tape Weft
I think you need 121 with all that going on [emoji85]

Are you leaving hair out? i trained with belle however have kind of adopted my own techniques for stuff so i can't remember if they tell you to leave a row, if this is the case then i don't leave rows out. i can normally easily fit 150-175 bonds in a normal head of hair no problem.

make sure you are using around the same amount of natural hair as the extension it's holding onto, otherwise it will pull and cause tension.
also, i take upside down triangular sections, not big rectangular sections that belle taught me, takes up too much space where you could be fitting 3 in that space you can take a look at my insta/facebook page i have some pics of fittings so that you can see how i section? it's Lust Hair Aberdeen

[emoji1474][emoji1474]

Aww’ thanks you so much for getting back so quickly yes most course can just have to many people on them so I opted to pay extra to get undivided attention due to my learning difficulty.
How have you been getting on know though? And is there anything you want me to ask that you’d like to know while I’ll be there? I’m going on Friday 24 May and I have chosen these 5 Fusion Celebrity weave Micro & Nano rings Tape Weft
I think you need 121 with all that going on [emoji85]
Hi sorry for the late reply.

I've actually picked it up quite well I just practiced a lot afterwards on a training head. I've done about 6 heads up to now and each time I feel better about it!

I think you just have to find a method which works for you and tweak it to better handle the time it takes and attention to detail!

Are you leaving hair out? i trained with belle however have kind of adopted my own techniques for stuff so i can't remember if they tell you to leave a row, if this is the case then i don't leave rows out. i can normally easily fit 150-175 bonds in a normal head of hair no problem.

make sure you are using around the same amount of natural hair as the extension it's holding onto, otherwise it will pull and cause tension.
also, i take upside down triangular sections, not big rectangular sections that belle taught me, takes up too much space where you could be fitting 3 in that space you can take a look at my insta/facebook page i have some pics of fittings so that you can see how i section? it's Lust Hair Aberdeen
Yes they do tell you to leave a row in between! Which I did do at first but then went back and filled in those rows as it seemed daft!

That sounds like a good idea using triangles instead of rectangles as you can fit so much hair in a micro I couldn't believe it at first I will definitely try that! Thanks for your advice [emoji16]

I will have a look at your page too! [emoji173]️

Yes they do tell you to leave a row in between! Which I did do at first but then went back and filled in those rows as it seemed daft!

That sounds like a good idea using triangles instead of rectangles as you can fit so much hair in a micro I couldn't believe it at first I will definitely try that! Thanks for your advice [emoji16]

I will have a look at your page too! [emoji173]️

no problem at all! also, if you don't already i find using silicon lined rings best in every method. i've seen non silicone lined slip out as soon as i've put them in!

no problem at all! also, if you don't already i find using silicon lined rings best in every method. i've seen non silicone lined slip out as soon as i've put them in!
Yeah I use silicone lined rings too it give the extension so much more grip!

Latest posts

Back