3 hours for a rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
Oh girls! Im so disheartened!

I originally trained in L& P years ago (using generic wholesale gumph) but retrained with CND in April. Ive been practicing like mad since & have a few regular clients for L&P but this morning a rebalance & Shellac took me 3 hours!!

It only takes me 2 hours or so for a new full set & I can do an L&P nno with Shellac in an hour so why are the rebals taking so long?!?!

There is usually A LOT of lifting but this morning it wasnt too bad- there were 2 tips to replace tho. I feel its filing the lifting thats taking the time, although as I get better at application surely the lifting will decrease? I previously had problems with my cuticle application but have been watching Gregs vid & practicing bead control like mad so My god,it should be getting better!!

Ive also watch fingernail fixers rebal video obsessively :(

My prices are discounted atm to compensate for the time it takes/possible teething troubles & although clients are chuffed with their nails, i cant keep booking out 3 hours of salon time for a £15 rebal, im taking a loss on every set.

*sigh, any help, suggestions or just hugs are welcome! I know its practice (im doing an average if 30/40 nails a day on the trainer hand!) but after a long, hot day Im so deflated!! Xx

Lifting makes a rebalance a complete pain and can seriously impact the service time. If you're still getting regular lifting around the eponychium yet you feel your application there is good, perhaps you need to look at your prep. Improper prep in zone 3 will cause lifting. So check you have the best tools and you're doing a thorough job of removing every little bit of cuticle.

Hi Pure!

Thank you so much for your input <3

I do think my prep is meticulous, ive used Shellac for so long that I find switching from PEP to PREP (think thats right lol!) is quite easy, and i spend a good deal of time doing the prep before the beads go on. I use all CND products & tools.

Todays rebal was a new set (on an old client) done 2 weeks ago. They were much thinner than previous sets & i (rightly or wrongly) used Young Nails Protien Bond for the first time, which coupled with thinner application & neater cuticle application is what I think led to less lifting this time round.

On previous sets after lifting was removed, i might as well as soaked them off & started again, so in a way I have seen an improvement- just not as much as I would have hoped in 3 months and god knows how many hours!

I think its still in the application if im honest- still too thick at the cuticle although I now manage to leave a small margin without touching any skin. Im just annoyed with myself- the trouble im having with the rebal is clearly coming from the original application! Why is it you seem to grasp one step perfectly then buggar up something else instead lol! Xx

If your nails are applied too thickly this will affect the flexibility of your coating.

L&P is a hard substance , when applied too thickly and then knocked by your client if the coating can't flex and bounce back into shape it will lift and most likely at the cuticle area.

Also if your clients are not using solar oil regularly this will also affect the flexibility of your coating and may cause service breakdown.

Another reason could be overfilling the natural nail, if your getting lifting regularly it's easy to over file the natural nail while trying to remove lifted areas of L&P. A damaged nail is too flexible and unable to support a coating and so... you'll get lifting !

Have you a pic of any nails you've done and I can take a look. Ideally take a shot from above, the side, and down the barrel of the nail ;)

Latest posts

Back