3 in 1 nail machine salon expert/trinity/unbranded

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi
My electric file died on Monday so I have been on the hunt for a new one. I purchased the salon expert 3 in 1 nail machine for about £230.

I have just come across what looks like the exact same machine but it is called the trinity. And for £100

I then found it again but down as unbranded on eBay and Amazon for £90.

Does anyone know if these are all in fact the same? The only difference I can see is that if the company’s logo. I have attached a photo of the 3 different brands.

I think I’m going to order all 3 just to see for myself however I wondered if anyone else and seen this or something similar?

Thanks guys
Natasha

Attachments

• 8256DEF8-5CDF-44A0-BA9E-C91E8F8A8456.jpeg
    8256DEF8-5CDF-44A0-BA9E-C91E8F8A8456.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2DD7492A-D4CA-4812-960F-CB321DA889F5.jpeg
    2DD7492A-D4CA-4812-960F-CB321DA889F5.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 75E245DD-5728-4976-A8E0-8034CB5CE6DC.jpeg
    75E245DD-5728-4976-A8E0-8034CB5CE6DC.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 20
I’d guess that the unbranded copies are counterfeit fakes, especially as they are so much cheaper.
Fake goods are made to look like the original but could contain non original parts and in some cases, could be downright dangerous and obviously eBay and similar is the ideal place to distribute fake goods.

I’d be especially wary of buying anything electrical and unbranded if you are going to be using it on paying clients. If there was a problem, your insurance company might not fully cover you and you’d be left out of pocket.

I've also seen this efile pop up under different branding and different prices quite a few times. Did you buy yours from Sally's/Salon Services? If so, then hopefully you'd have some comeback if you weren't happy with it.

I can see the attraction because it's compact and neat and offers dust extraction and a light as well but I wonder how well it actually performs? Cheaper efiles often vibrate more and haven't got the torque to cope. Also, the dust extraction part is very small. I have a cheap dust extractor until I can afford a Vodex and it's got a much larger suction area than that one yet it still doesn't capture all the dust. This is most likely because the suction isn't strong enough, which I would suspect would also be the case with yours as the little motor is having to power the e-file and dust extractor. Have you seen any professional reviews on it?

I’d guess that the unbranded copies are counterfeit fakes, especially as they are so much cheaper.
Fake goods are made to look like the original but could contain non original parts and in some cases, could be downright dangerous and obviously eBay and similar is the ideal place to distribute fake goods.

I’d be especially wary of buying anything electrical and unbranded if you are going to be using it on paying clients. If there was a problem, your insurance company might not fully cover you and you’d be left out of pocket.

That was on my mind. Especially with the one labelled unbranded. I definitely wouldn’t try the other 2 on a client. Thank you for your message

I've also seen this efile pop up under different branding and different prices quite a few times. Did you buy yours from Sally's/Salon Services? If so, then hopefully you'd have some comeback if you weren't happy with it.

I can see the attraction because it's compact and neat and offers dust extraction and a light as well but I wonder how well it actually performs? Cheaper efiles often vibrate more and haven't got the torque to cope. Also, the dust extraction part is very small. I have a cheap dust extractor until I can afford a Vodex and it's got a much larger suction area than that one yet it still doesn't capture all the dust. This is most likely because the suction isn't strong enough, which I would suspect would also be the case with yours as the little motor is having to power the e-file and dust extractor. Have you seen any professional reviews on it?

I bought mine from salon services. I’d already done some research first and a lady I absolutely adore made a really good review on it. After purchasing it I then found another nail lady I follow using it but she called it the trinity. And that was the 1st copycat and i then found another. The first review for the more pricey one (which I bought) showed that the file actually seems really smooth and it wasn’t loud either. Obviously I won’t know until it arrives but I have high hopes

If it isn’t any good at least I know I can return it!

I bought mine from salon services. I’d already done some research first and a lady I absolutely adore made a really good review on it. After purchasing it I then found another nail lady I follow using it but she called it the trinity. And that was the 1st copycat and i then found another. The first review for the more pricey one (which I bought) showed that the file actually seems really smooth and it wasn’t loud either. Obviously I won’t know until it arrives but I have high hopes

If it isn’t any good at least I know I can return it!

Give us an update when it arrives. You'd certainly like to think if Salon Services are selling them that it'll be good quality

Latest posts

Back