3% peroxide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jane LA tan

Reaction score
Hi, I dyed my hair with 3% peroxide and wunderbar permanent hair cream. I took advice from the girl in Sally’s, who said that because it’s just 3% it will be a semi permanent dye and will fade out, which is what I want. Is this true? Thanks.

I love the girls that work in my local Sally’s (trade and non trade store)but honestly 99% of them know nothing about hairdressing , I’ve heard them giving the complete wrong advise before to someone who also isn’t a hairdresser, they’ve then remembered I’m shopping in store and asked the customer to ask me... to which I tell them to “go to their stylist for any colour as believe me they won’t be happy when they see you’ve burnt your hair” but to answer your question yes permenant colour will fade , like all colour but the permanent colour damage will be there unlike if a semi was used

I love the girls that work in my local Sally’s (trade and non trade store)but honestly 99% of them know nothing about hairdressing , I’ve heard them giving the complete wrong advise before to someone who also isn’t a hairdresser, they’ve then remembered I’m shopping in store and asked the customer to ask me... to which I tell them to “go to their stylist for any colour as believe me they won’t be happy when they see you’ve burnt your hair” but to answer your question yes permenant colour will fade , like all colour but the permanent colour damage will be there unlike if a semi was used
Thank you for replying. Maybe next time I should use a semi permanent colour with the 3% peroxide. I like the colour. I’d just prefer it to fade out rather than have a harsh looking regrowth.

Hi, I dyed my hair with 3% peroxide and wunderbar permanent hair cream. I took advice from the girl in Sally’s, who said that because it’s just 3% it will be a semi permanent dye and will fade out, which is what I want. Is this true? Thanks.

:eek::oops::rolleyes: No, is the answer. The girl in Sally’s is talking complete nonsense.

A true semi permanent colour is NEVER mixed with peroxide because it’s molecular structure is completely different to a permanent colour.

It’s like the difference between margarine and butter. You can soften butter in the Microwave to make it spread more easily, but it doesn’t turn it into margarine. It’s a totally different product.

Thank you for replying. Maybe next time I should use a semi permanent colour with the 3% peroxide. I like the colour. I’d just prefer it to fade out rather than have a harsh looking regrowth.

Anything mixed with peroxide will lighten the hair and cause some degree of damage to the cuticle layer so you’ll always have a demarcation line.

Latest posts

Back