30 minute tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
A local salon are advertising a spray tan which you wash off after 30 mins. Does anybody know what product this might be?

I think aviva have just brought out a tan that washes off after 30 mins?

Yes, it does sound like the aviva city tans - between 30 to 90mins x

Thank you for your replies :)
Have either of you used any of the City Tans?
x

Just googled it and it looks good...in theory! Would love to know if anyone has tried it yet! Plan on ringing them tomorrow to get some more info so I'll keep you posted! x

Hi all,

Yes Super Express™ City Tans™ are by Aviva Labs and brand new to the UK as is Shower Glow the world's first DHA infused daily use shower gel.

don't be in a hurry to get your samplets though, i've been waiting 3 weeks now, and had to get my sample money refunded..nothing arrived via royal mail, and was told would be couriered to me, but still nothing...does this tan actually exist? has anyone used it yet, would love to try it, if I can ever get a sample lol x

I contacted them and they advised me that they do not sell, nor send samples to anyone that has not done their own specific training! Wont be bothering wiht that! After we spend a fortune training and buying kits etc..why would we want to re-train to only get a sample which may not even live up to what they claim?

I contacted them and they advised me that they do not sell, nor send samples to anyone that has not done their own specific training! Wont be bothering wiht that! After we spend a fortune training and buying kits etc..why would we want to re-train to only get a sample which may not even live up to what they claim?

Totally agree caz!

Just spoke with them today and they were really helpful. They are sending me a set of samples plus a sample of aftercare lotion which preserves the tan. The samples were reasonably priced...can't post on here obviously but about the same price as a top price set of Shellac nails or Minx toes if that helps ;-) but the actual litre bottles are a lot more expensive than my usual tan. I was told that I had to place an order and then I would be allowed access to their training gateway. I'm in the same place as really have had training up to here!! Was told that it's online training that takes five hours.....eeek....and that my samples will be here for Thursday! I'm planning on trying them out over the bank holiday weekend....if they arrive....as I've got lots of friends booked in. Aviva do seem to be a little different to the other suppliers and it is all a bit confusing, especially the training issues, but I'm keen to see how the tan turns out as I think I could sell it pretty easily. xx

So it's quick to wash off, but how long before the full colour of the tan shows?

So it's quick to wash off, but how long before the full colour of the tan shows?

Hi Baggybear....we'll need to wait and see I guess! The options are to leave it for 30 mins, 60 mins or 90 mins for the deepest colour but as you rightly point out does that mean that the colour develops quickly. They sold it on the phone as 'have a tan and wash it off in an hour' and I'm sure he said that the guide colour is the actual colour you'll be...just different depths of colour...so I'll give it a go when the samples are here. I'm not the most experienced at all of this and I'm so happy with Nouvatan but got lots of willing guinea pigs so it's worth a play around I guess. Oh and would I pay more for a quicker result...absolutely!!!

I'd expect the full colour of the tan to take around 24 hours to show the same as all the fast/rapid tans.

I can't see how it would develop any quicker unless there is some magic new ingredient that has been added to speed things up of course.

I was going to post a similar question but about the Fakebake one... Xx

Ohh Mimo, please do post back how you get on trying the samples... I'm intrigued by this! As Baggybear says, I don't quite get how it will work unless there IS a new ingredient, which I suppose is a possibility... modern technology and all that jazz!!!

Look forward to hearing how it turns out :)

I ve used it and it works ! As with all rapid tans the rapidness is the colour and as previously said it will take the normal amount of time to develop.

I normally use Aviva so I m familiar with the products - haven t been using long but really like them. I love their express tan. It really lasts to.

I had issues with my gun more the product as it was coming out speckley but the resulting tan still good. I need a new gun I think!! But Chris at Aviva has been so helpful , their customer service is a great and they are really passionate about the products.

Give it a go ! Go to avivalabs-uk.com

Hope that helps x

I ve used it and it works ! As with all rapid tans the rapidness is the colour and as previously said it will take the normal amount of time to develop.

I normally use Aviva so I m familiar with the products - haven t been using long but really like them. I love their express tan. It really lasts to.

I had issues with my gun more the product as it was coming out speckley but the resulting tan still good. I need a new gun I think!! But Chris at Aviva has been so helpful , their customer service is a great and they are really passionate about the products.

Hope that helps x

In fairness they have been more than helpful so far and as promised they have emailed me with a password to their training site which I've just been on! This doesn't impress me at all though from what I've seen as it's 'all american', over complicated and uses very different techniques to those I was shown and that I'm happy with! It looks like it would take an age to go through each aspect of the training on the website which I'll struggle with while I'm at work...and i'm always at work ;-). I'll wait till the samples get here and then take it from there I guess, and I will keep you posted as promised. xx

Hope that helps x

But what colour can you get from leaving the solutions on for just 60 mins?

Equivilant to what % tan when fully developed?

Hi all,

I thought I would try and answer some of the questions that have been raised in this thread.

Demand for the new City Tans™ is very high and we did sell out last week. In the last 4 weeks we have been seriously let down by Royal Mail and from this Monday all sample packs are delivered via our courier UPS. Online tracking means we all know where our products are in the delivery process. We have new product clearing customs at this time. Apologies to Temperleytan your samples will be dispatched as soon as they have cleared customs.

There are very few true rapid tans on the market with many manufactures using extremely high concentrations of DHA in an attempt speed up the process. This technique is not deployed by Aviva Labs. DHA is drying to the skin and in to higher quantities your client will go orange.

As I am sure anyone reading this knows there are two active ingredients used in sunless tanning solutions, DHA and Erythrulose. Erythrulose is not FDA approved and so we do not use this ingredient in any of our sunless solutions. DHA reacts with the Keratin in the dead skin cell layer. This reaction is known as the Maillard Reaction and creates pigments called Melanoidins which are similar to Melanin which is the pigment created when your skin is exposed to UV light. The clever part is delivering the precise quantity of DHA rapidly and evenly to the Keratin in the skin. City Tans™ achieve this using our proprietary dermal delivery technology. There is no magic ingredient.

Baggybear is correct to a point, the tan will continue to develop after showering. However, if you shower after 30, 60 or 90 mins you will have a fabulous colour. This colour will develop further but the initial tan looks great. I personally like the Hollywood City Tan™, after 90 mins you have a deep golden colour which I would say is about 80% to 85% developed. You don't go out pale and gradually get more bronzed so to speak. There really is no point in leaving the City Tan™ on longer than 90 mins as DHA delivery is shut down after this time. Mimo9, just to clarify the guide colour in the City Tan™ range represents the 90 min tan. It is our Custom tan range that is truly WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get.) The guide colour you client sees in salon will be exactly the same as the DHA tan that develops. No 'Post Shower Disappointment'.

Aviva Labs was founded as a spin off from a BioTech company in 2003 and for various reasons have been late to the UK market. However, we operate in a 110 countries around the world. Our training is based on this vast experience. The sunless tanning market is developing much more quickly in other countries. For example in the USA 90% of Aviva Labs salons client base regularly use sunless tanning services. Here in the UK the average UK salon would be lucky to have 10% of their client base using sunless tanning services regularly. We know that knowledge is the key to building a successful tanning business. Most salons/spas in the UK can easily triple their sunless tanning business. It's about marketing, understanding skin tone & type, spraying technique, body contouring, product and most importantly word of mouth. Our on-line virtual learning course covers all these areas and much more. Clearly there is a time investment, about 2 to 5 hours depending on your experience. Aviva Labs is built on word of mouth and we need to know that our customers understand how to use our products effectively. Aviva Labs products really are different, for example one of the first things you will notice is that there is virtually no overspray.

Anyway I could bang on about the sunless tanning business for a long time. You may have guessed it's a bit of passion. I hope you will continue this discussion once you have tried the product and training. In the mean time if you want to know what people think of the Aviva Labs range you may find our facebook page interesting. Aviva Labs | Facebook

A local salon are advertising a spray tan which you wash off after 30 mins. Does anybody know what product this might be?

In addition to our own Organics,NKD and new Ego rapid tans there are many many now on the market all following the rapid tan trends

In terms of the washing off issue...you wash off after any length of time up to 4 hrs so as to give you the desired shade outcome
Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back