3d nail art help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

Reaction score
i wanna start learning 3d nail art but i dont know what it is that you use to create them or where to get the stuff from. i went to my cash and carry and other suppliers near to me and they thought i was mad :cry:
so i would love to know where to get the stuff from
love tina xxx

we usually do the 3D art with whatever make L&P we use, if you already do enhancements and are trained in L&P then it shouldn`t be a problem for you. If not, then try using filo and adding it onto nails after design is made

Debs said:
we usually do the 3D art with whatever make L&P we use, if you already do enhancements and are trained in L&P then it shouldn`t be a problem for you. If not, then try using filo and adding it onto nails after design is made

lol did you mean fimo debs lol :lol: I have used both L&p coloured and fimo modeling clay they look very similar fimo you can buy in any good art supplies shop :)

I'd say buy some of the EZ Flow pastel colours, they're great for flowers.

Attachments

• 3d3.jpg
    3d3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 96
Jane said:

Hiya,
I also use the EZ-Flow pastel colours and gemstones as well :D
They really are fantastic for 3d work and the colours are to die for.

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,
I also use the EZ-Flow pastel colours and gemstones as well :D
They really are fantastic for 3d work and the colours are to die for.
i use young nails coloured acrylic , the price is right, you can buy in single colours rather than having to purchase a whole colection and the colours are really intense.

Jane said:
Hi Jane

Have you trained with EZ Flow in 3d work?

Adele

where do you get your training from. I do know this lady that done them using ez flow but i can't stand her :rolleyes: but do you know where i could get some training or videos?

dont be thinking that you wont be able to do them if you cant get training.you just gotta be prepared to experiment.you dont even need coloured powder for a first go. try it out with your white. use a tiny brush, this will help your ratio stay on the dry side so your designs will be easier to control. dip just the tip of your moistened brush in your powder to get a very small ball. apply it to your nail and leave it to settle for a few secs then use your brush to nudge the acrylic round the edges until you get the shape your after. if you're any where near northampton , come and see me and i'll show you how to do it. ;)

Peppercorn Nails said:
Hi Jane

Have you trained with EZ Flow in 3d work?

Adele

Hi Adele, yes I had the privilige of doing the EZ Flow Master Artist courses with Antony last year. Worth every penny!

Jane said:
Hi Adele, yes I had the privilige of doing the EZ Flow Master Artist courses with Antony last year. Worth every penny!
Do you have to do a conversion course with them or can you just do a course that covers encased and 3d work?

I don't ever see myself changing from CND products but when it comes down to doing this sort of work, I guess there is no reason why you can't use EZflow for the artwork as you will not be mixing unpolymerised products. I guess you can then overlay with your regular Retention + or whatever.

Adele

Hiya,
I think you can just do courses on 3d nail art.
Saying that i think you can self learn with lots of practice :)
If you start by doing petals, You need to work drier than you would for L&p.
Take a small bead place onto the nail leave for a few seconds then press and sweep down to make a leave shape. Give it a go

thank you for that jane and it was a pleasure teaching you!!

now back on topic.....

you dont have to do the training to be able to do the 3d work, you can indeed go it alone, and as i have seen from this board there is some excellent art work out there, but i personally would recommend it. it will give you chance to see ALL the ezflow colour collections in use, show you different tips and techniques and allow us to help you with any problems you may have.

now if your new to ezflow i would normally advise on a conversion first if you felt you needed it, just to get you used to using our product and a 2:1 l&p ratio. though if you dont want to do the conversion thats cool.

now on to the final point, mixing systems. in an ideal world you should be using either ezflow or cnd, never a mixture of both. using ezflow over the top of a cnd enhancement should be ok, hopefully the geek himself should be able to clarify this. the only time you may have a problem is when laying ezflow in a nail then capping with cnd, that i probably wouldnt do. if you are a creative affictionado, there colour powders are excellent for any type of 3d or encapsulated work and can be intermixed to create any type of colour.

i think thats answered everything!!!!

antony

If you have the January 2004 edition of Nails, page 50 has a DIY tutorial by Antony on 3-D nail art.

your such a star antony :D and a clever so and so lol.

well said Antony, I would stick to one or the other, but saying that, I dont know of any technical reason (other than maximum perfomance) for doing a 3D piece of art with CND or EZ Flow and then encasing it with EZ Flow or CND as long as the peice was polymerised (as corn o pepper mentioned).
The real serious problem comes into play when you intermix systems (i.e. CND's Retention+ and EZ Flows Boogie Nights).

As I stated before, I personally would stick to one system... that way you dont have to stress about contamination issues (i.e. your brush) or excess product issues (i.e. one brand of monomer and powders you only use for nail art).

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back