3d nail art tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
well after seeing some of the 3D nail art you guys have posted on here, i want to try it for myself. im going to purchase on of the EZ flow kits, and see how i get on. but before i did, i wanted to know. if you guys had any tips you could give me to create so, crisp delicate designs. i had a go usin my powder that i use for acrylic nails, and my first try wasnt to bad, but would appericate some pointers so im all geared up when i get my kit.

ta darlings, promise to post the pics up when i have done some

tina x x x

Snuggles said:
well after seeing some of the 3D nail art you guys have posted on here, i want to try it for myself. im going to purchase on of the EZ flow kits, and see how i get on. but before i did, i wanted to know. if you guys had any tips you could give me to create so, crisp delicate designs. i had a go usin my powder that i use for acrylic nails, and my first try wasnt to bad, but would appericate some pointers so im all geared up when i get my kit.

ta darlings, promise to post the pics up when i have done some

tina x x x

Hiya Tina,
The best advice i can give you when doing 3d work, Is to have your ratio drier than you would have it when doing L&P. Also let your design set slightly before trying to move it or add any detail.
Look forward to the pic's

I would say practise doing designs on a plastic sheet then you can stick it to the nail with resin.

As Lesley says make sure you work quite dry and just do simple stuff at first. On the EZ Flow website they have a couple of tutorials where they have a really simple flower design on it, give that a go.

Just let your imagination flow and good luck.

for 3d designs like flowers id recomend the EzFlow pastel flower collection-
they come in v pretty pastel shades and they are set in EzFlow competitors powder whish is a faster setting powder so the designs will hold their shape better
i also like to add a touch of any colours from the rainbow candy collection to competitors white to get a 2 tone flower
312Picture_027-med.jpg

the pic is of my nails with a 3d flower on the ring finger- i used comp white with cotton candy (rainbow)and the leaves were lily of the valley (pastel) with a touch of sour apple (rainbow) for a bit of sparkle, flower centres were daffodil (pastel) and the dots were tourmaline (gemstones) to add to the design
sorry the flowers are knida small and please ignore the dodgy shape of my nails tho- i filed the to pieces doing a client :rolleyes: ....lol

Jess
xoxx

ps the nails are ezflow classic french tips with boogie nights party train on the tip and ezflow comp pink on the bed

That 3d design looks fab! Do you have a website where I can see more of your work?

Nidia

ns21 said:
That 3d design looks fab! Do you have a website where I can see more of your work?

Nidia

i do have a website but the gallery section doesnt work v well
if you have a look on www.ezflow.com they have a good demo section which has details on doing pretty flower designs etc... like talented talons mentioned

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back