3D nail art....???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I have only recently started dabbling in this and although I have been going around sporting 3D nail art on the odd finger. I get lots of positive comments but have yet to do any on a client (maybe its not that good ....). I don't particularly like it on me but there are some tech`s who do an amazing job and I would love to become one of them, regardless of whether my clients have it or not, its just something I would like to be good at.

None of my clients actually actually have 3D art but I am like you. I like doing it and like looking at it but I don't think that I would actually wear it myself.

I do some 3D here and there, but not much as I feel limited with UV Gel... can't do anything more exciting than a ladybug or similar (in other words = BLOBS) so far. I've tried, but it's sticky stuff....

My most recent 3D art was BITTEN off by my client who didn't want to suffer the time it would take to e-file it. (she says the e-file tickles and often giggles LOL:lol:) She nibbled it off at lunch and came by at 8pm.

It wasn't so bad, because I had done a funky french, applied a uv gloss, THEN the 3D on top of the gloss, so really, she only messed up the Gloss and not the entire nail, know what I mean?
She bit off her spider and her bat :irked:

BUT I so can't wait to learn L&P and do 3D with that, I already have a bevy of clients who are MUCHO interested!!!

CAN'T WAIT:!::!::!:

I dont get any call for it at all, I get clients saying 'oooohhhh thats nice' but none ever ask for it, or they say no if I ask them if they would like to try it.

I to love to see it, but it is not for me I'm afraid!
xxxx:hug:

I've been asked for it by a couple of my die hard nail art fans, and am happy to say its still been in tacked on their return ...... I'd have killed them !! it hurt me to fill it off !!

but tbh its not for everyone, but its great to be able to at least offer it (for a extra charge of course xx)

clients come to me for 3d work, they love flowers on thier nails. If you wear it they want it, i get £5.00 extra per nail and usually my clients want 2 or 3 nails done. There is a huge market for them as most people do not know you can even do it.

I love it..as you probably know.
It's a personal thing. You do tend to love or hate it.
Bear in mind it's not just flowers.. there are all kinds of things you can do.
Think of it..you can make it in acrylic.
But I do think you have to like the ART side of things in order to go there.
It really can be fun if you like it x

MOst of my clients (85%) have 3d nail art and they love it. I think that's what attracted them to my salon. :green: And no, they do not pick it off :)

agree totally kerry!
i have never had a client pick it of ........ its vertually impossibile. most of my clients have a least one or two fingers done over a sculpt or tip/sculpt with glitter, usually boogie nights. It makes nails stand out from the rest ! is nt that what we all want

clients come to me for 3d work, they love flowers on thier nails. If you wear it they want it, i get £5.00 extra per nail and usually my clients want 2 or 3 nails done. There is a huge market for them as most people do not know you can even do it.

I agree!
My clients have at least one nail with 3d. They love it.
The minature 3d is a fav at the moment, and gradually it is wanted on more nails:)
Ones who would find it annoying just have the flower or design encased.
Each to their own. One persons dislike is anothers love!
xx

how much do you charge? what designs are the most popular?

My display shows a few, and the clients always admire them, but to date nobody has had anything :cry: in 3D

Which is probably just as well because I don't know what to charge anyway lol:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back