3d Nails and jewellery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hiya,
As a lover of 3D work, I am posting these pictures for Angel Fingers who wanted to show her work. :cool: Fantastic work isnt it.

Attachments

• 3d acrylic nails.jpg
    3d acrylic nails.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 3d acrylic nails 2.jpg
    3d acrylic nails 2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 576
  • african lizard necklace.jpg
    african lizard necklace.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 270
  • butterfly necklacxe.jpg
    butterfly necklacxe.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 245
  • name badge 2a.jpg
    name badge 2a.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 298
oh my goodness! They are so lovely! That little lady bug and dragon fly are my favs! Great work!! :)

awesome work, the jewellery ace. i'm impressed

antony

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,
As a lover of 3D work, I am posting these pictures for Angel Fingers who wanted to show her work. :cool: Fantastic work isnt it.

Their great, well done. Love the dragon fly and lady bug.
Keep up the good work, look forward to see more.

Hi...
You are sooooooo talented...truly an inspiration to us all.

i love them, how do you do the two toned colours in the flowers and leaves?

I paint mine to make them two tone also do you do it on the nail or on foil then stick on.

Thanks
Lisa x

I loooove the name badge Lesley! How did you do it? is it on glass or plastic?

dazzlingtouch said:
i love them, how do you do the two toned colours in the flowers and leaves?

I paint mine to make them two tone also do you do it on the nail or on foil then stick on.

Thanks
Lisa x
to get a 2 tone effect i make a little indentation with my brush or a tool when im modeling the main colour, then i come back with the second shade and place it in the indent. use a slightly wetter mix for the second shade.all the nail work i do is direct on the nail. some of the jewellry components i do ,[ the charm bracelet for instance] i do on thick polythene , its better than foil because if you draw your shape on a bit of paper first you can place it under the poly and be able to follow the outline with your acrylic.

Mani-fique! said:
I loooove the name badge Lesley! How did you do it? is it on glass or plastic?
this was done on shrink plastic. you can draw your design on and add lettering and even background colour. then you put it in the oven for a few minutes and it shrinks. then the 3 d decoration is added with coloured acrylic.

angel fingers said:
this was done on shrink plastic. you can draw your design on and add lettering and even background colour. then you put it in the oven for a few minutes and it shrinks. then the 3 d decoration is added with coloured acrylic.
Where do you get this shrink plastic from and what do you draw your design/lettering on with?

Sounds cool :cool:

angel fingers said:

You're a bit of a crafter on the quiet aren't you?? :biggrin:

Mani-fique! said:
Where do you get this shrink plastic from and what do you draw your design/lettering on with?

Sounds cool :cool:
you can get it at hobbycraft or similar stores. you can draw on it with ordinary coloured pencils for shading in the background etc . for the lettering i use a permanent marker with a fine tip. you have to plan your design in advance as it will be about seven times smaller after heating.

Laura said:
You're a bit of a crafter on the quiet aren't you?? :biggrin:
before i came into nails i used to teach textile art at adult level and i have tried about every product known to man at hobbycraft. i was back doing some teaching work last weekend and it was great. also ive been asked to do a workshop with some A level art students to teach them how i make jewellery with acrylic. i love nails but i still love teaching and i hope to combine them both one day.

Awesome work, I love the jewelry........do you sell it? I would love something like the necklace with the red beads :)

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,

Suzanne R said:
Awesome work, I love the jewelry........do you sell it? I would love something like the necklace with the red beads :)
i dont usually sell my stuff, it takes quite a long time to make , beadwork and 3 d acrylic both tend to be slow going .so i think i would probably price myself out of the market even on a very modest hourly rate, however i do tend to make it as gifts for my family , whether they like it or not!!

Hiya

Thought the nails and jewellery looked fab.....great stuff

Jayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back