3D vs HD brows & tint's durability on the skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

immmunize

Reaction score
In my country there are two "luxury" services on the browmarket (3D and HD brows) and that confuses customers. They demand 3D and HD brows, but they don't even know what they asked for. I think it is kinda ruining market, because in my opinion these two really don't stand out from the traditional way (tweezing, tinting). Okay, the threading technic gives a good lead, but that's all. Could someone tell me the difference between 3D ja HD brows, so I can translate it to my clients? I want my clients to be informed.

I, myself, am using mostly tweezers in my brow work (3 different kind of tweezers) and all clients are happy, because they don't feel that these little fair brow hair's are bothering them (which can be removed with threading or waxing). Only 1 in 10 clients demands waxing and then I will do that. Also many of them are excited when the tint stays on skin, because when they have poor brows, it gives their eyebrows a whole new shape. Does using 6% hydrogen peroxide instead of 3% gives a longer durability for the tint on the skin? Ofcourse I know that tint is not meant to be on skin, but it's such a relief for many clients. I want to work a way out to give to the tint on the skin the most longest durability. At the moment I'm using Apraise tint's, before that I used Berrywell. Is it worth trying COMBINAL tints or it doesn't matter? Sorry for poor english.Thanks!

3D brows are brow extensions.
HD brows is a brand that uses 7 steps of brow shaping and colouring in one treatment using the HD brand products. For it to be HD brows you have to be using HD brows products.
Going higher in hydrogen peroxide is a dangerous idea. That shouldn't be used on the face. Follow the tints instructions.
People can come in for a tint between wax/tweeze appts. Leaving it on longer helps it last longer too. You can also retail brow powder/pencil and show your customers how to use these at home to intensify the look of the tint.

Hi
I'm not too sure what 3D brows are but HD Brows is a brand so should only be advertising these if you have trained with HD brows :)

Thank you for your answer, krum. In Estonia they practically desribe 3D brows as HD brows. So it's a sure fact that 3D brows are brow extensions? HD brows procedure also contains brow makeup (highlighter, brow design wax and pencil or powder) - am I right?

I was also surprised when I heard that one of my clients was attending as a model in one brow class and there they used 6% hydrogen peroxide on face. And not even hydrogen peroxide for eyebrow colour, but they used hydrogen peroxide what is meant for hair colours. I talked about this with my hairdresser and she said that is also a dangerous idea, because at one point this 6% hydrogen peroxide will start belaching eyebrows/eyelashes. She also didn't recommend using 6% when it comes to colouring eyelashes. COMBINAL has 5% hydrogen peroxide and I contacted with retailer about using this 5% on eyelashes. They said it's allowed and safe.. Hmm..
I also leave the color on for a longer time, when client want's extra dark result on skin. But I've come to a point that the tint's durability on skin depends strongly on the face type (oily, dry, mixture of both). Dry skin absorbs the tint ultra quickly and the colour lasts very long time on skin. But on oily skin it stays only 3-6days maximum.
I've already ordered brow makeup sets, gels and pencils for recommending and selling them these to my clients.

3D effect brows can also incorporate the use of a custom coloured brow sculpting glaze, as well as brow extensions. The paint is applied to skin and appears textured and is drawn on in hair strokes. Lasts up to 3 weeks.

What is sculpting glaze? The drawn on hair lasts up to 3 weeks?

Greetings to a fellow estonian :) HD Brows are not, as far as I know, available in Estonia (and I hadn't even heard of threading until I came to Ireland). It is the same confusion as gel polish vs shellac- one is the name of the treatment and the other is a brand.

Oi, tere! :) I think the same that HD Brows are not officially represented in Estonia, as the other users here in this forum say that HD Brow is a brand. Although Estonian makeup studio "Glow Makeup" teaches HD Brows. They only say that they are using HD Brows brand's products when doing this procedure. But not a word about that it's official course or that they are official HD Brows representatives here in Estonia. And in their web page isn't mentioned what kind of certificate you get when you finish their HD BROWS class. They have translated HD BROWS course to Estonian language (HD KULMUD) and are only mentioning HD Brows as a brand only once in their text. Oh I'm so confused. :(
And also many beauticians advertise that they are performing HD Brows procedure, but as far as I've seen their work results, these brows doesn't look like HD Brows at all. It pisses me so off that they dare to advertise their ordinary threading and tint brow procedure as a HD Brow procedure
And to a fellow estonian, threading has become massively popular in the last half year here in Estonia.

HD brows hasn't been released in Estonia. They shouldn't be offering training with the HD branded products. You wouldn't even be able to purchase the products from HD so I would avoid that training company like the plague!

BronzeBeauties, where you got this information? :) I would be very pleased to publish this on my Facebook page to notify my clients.

Did a little research on my own: on hdbrows.com map (when you type in search Estonia), then it shows on the map that Glow MakeUp is HD Brows stylist.

Yes a stylist maybe but not a trainer

If u send HD brows an email they will be able to tell you if they are authorised to train. Salons are not allowed to train people in the treatment. You can only train here
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443565854.702812.jpg

I have just forwarded these details on to somebody that works in head office as I don't think she is allowed to provide training but I may be wrong. Will update when I receive a reply.

I also sent a letter to HDBrows.com. Pretty bad that Glow Makeup page doesn't offers to choose english as a language. Then I would've added a link also with my message to HDBrows. But ofcourse, I can always translate it to them or they can use Google translate. Thanks for your cooperation!

Latest posts

Back