3rd customer feeling tingly after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

busy beauty

Reaction score
Hi

I was working on Friday night. I had one of my regulars of 4 years who has never had any problems with waxing with me in the past.

I waxed her eyebrows, upper lip and chin. She has text this morning to says she's a bit sore/rash and tingly on one of her eyebrows and at the side of her lip.

She didn't find the wax hot or anything to make me think that I had burned her.

When I waxed her the hairs just didn't want to budge but I got them out and tweezed oned that never came out as I didn't want to go over the same area with wax

I used my after wax oil which I'm beginning to think might be the problem as I've had 2 people in recent months say the exact same thing that its not the whole area that is sore just a certain bit

Could there be any other reason for this? She went straight home, no hot showers or sports. Just had friends round and sat in having a few drinks

I've asked her to message me a photo so i can see

busy beauty

Reaction score
Its the Hive after wax oil I used.

After the first time another customer had a similar reaction I stopped using this and someone on salongeek suggested savlon which i've been using but on this night I was running late with appointments and automatically used the oil instead of the savlon

squidgernetball

Ubergeek
Reaction score
The only other suggestions I have are i) a hot shower or bath prior to waxing could cause the problem or ii) if she has changed her skincare to one containing Vitamin A. With Vitamin A cream, waxing around the eye area is contraindicated, although I have never had a problem on any other part of the face!

HTH Vicki x

busy beauty

Reaction score
I asked about the shower and she just went home.

Its that strange that its just the one area and not the whole upper lip.

She's going to send a photo when she gets home so I'll get a better look then

busy beauty

Reaction score
do you think i should offer a refund?

squidgernetball

Ubergeek
Reaction score
I tend to say "Obviously there won't be a charge for your next treatment", That way you get them back!

G-Mac

Reaction score
That's what I'd do, free treatment next time.
I only use nappy cream on facial waxing. A few people reacted to after wax creams/oils no matter make or ingredients but never ever had any adverse reactions to nappy cream.

fozzyo

Reaction score
If any of your aftercare products contain essential oils this could be a reason. Each time the oils are harvested the chemical makeup will be slightly different, and thus may have different strengths of allergens that a client could be more sensitive too.

Latest posts