3rd customer feeling tingly after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busy beauty

Reaction score
Hi

I was working on Friday night. I had one of my regulars of 4 years who has never had any problems with waxing with me in the past.

I waxed her eyebrows, upper lip and chin. She has text this morning to says she's a bit sore/rash and tingly on one of her eyebrows and at the side of her lip.

She didn't find the wax hot or anything to make me think that I had burned her.

When I waxed her the hairs just didn't want to budge but I got them out and tweezed oned that never came out as I didn't want to go over the same area with wax

I used my after wax oil which I'm beginning to think might be the problem as I've had 2 people in recent months say the exact same thing that its not the whole area that is sore just a certain bit

Could there be any other reason for this? She went straight home, no hot showers or sports. Just had friends round and sat in having a few drinks

I've asked her to message me a photo so i can see

Its the Hive after wax oil I used.

After the first time another customer had a similar reaction I stopped using this and someone on salongeek suggested savlon which i've been using but on this night I was running late with appointments and automatically used the oil instead of the savlon

The only other suggestions I have are i) a hot shower or bath prior to waxing could cause the problem or ii) if she has changed her skincare to one containing Vitamin A. With Vitamin A cream, waxing around the eye area is contraindicated, although I have never had a problem on any other part of the face!

HTH Vicki x

I asked about the shower and she just went home.

Its that strange that its just the one area and not the whole upper lip.

She's going to send a photo when she gets home so I'll get a better look then

do you think i should offer a refund?

I tend to say "Obviously there won't be a charge for your next treatment", That way you get them back!

That's what I'd do, free treatment next time.
I only use nappy cream on facial waxing. A few people reacted to after wax creams/oils no matter make or ingredients but never ever had any adverse reactions to nappy cream.

If any of your aftercare products contain essential oils this could be a reason. Each time the oils are harvested the chemical makeup will be slightly different, and thus may have different strengths of allergens that a client could be more sensitive too.

Latest posts

Back