4.30am cancellation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaCherry

Reaction score
Hi, so I just wanted to rant really,
I got a text message at half 4 this morning asking if she can come later as she is just going to bed!! I work from home and, with it being near the weekend, I'm totally fully booked all day! The thing that annoys me the most is that she's kinda family and will expect me to swap clients around for her! I'm not! She has been booked in for weeks as she is going to a wedding, so she should of gone to bed at a reasonable time knowing she had things to do the next day!!
I've still not got back to her as I think what's the point shel be asleep and won't get it anyway!
Sorry for ranting, :) x

Omg that's so cheeky. I'd just say no. It's her fault, I agree!! Xx

Naughty! I would just text back and say -Sorry I can't fit you in later as I'm fully booked. See you at the arranged time, if your not going to make it text me as I can fill your slot. ;-)

RUDE! Ring her back first thing in the morning (hehehehehe) and let her know that it is not possible to move her apppointment. You DONT have to explain yourself, just say 'sorry it's not possible today, would you like to keep your original appontment'? If you keep accommodating her she'll walk all over you - stand your ground! Also, let her know that 4.30am messages are not acceptable.

My sis once text me at 1.30am to let me know she' broke a nail. She had been out drinking. Not acceptable and she knew it! I rang her back the next day and told her 'Naughty naught texting for a repair at 1.30am' she was very apologetic, we had a little laugh about it, but I made quite clear that I wont stand for it! It was school night after all! x

The exact reason why I have a "work" mobile. I turn it off at 11pm and dont switch it back on until 9.15am when I get back from the school run.

I would make sure I PHONE her back, not text and say sorry, I cant fit you in, see you later. I wouldnt even say "let me know if your not coming so I can fill your space" as I would guarentee she will NOT be letting you know if she is not coming. :)
xx

Thanks ladies,
I txt back saying I can only do 1 as I'm fully booked, so please don't be late as it makes me late for the rest of the day, it's now 1.20 and she still hasn't turned up!!! Not happy x

Have you heard from her? There are very few acceptable explanations for her behaviour . . . isn't she dreadful? She'd be on my blacklist for that.

The more you bend over backwards to please people the worse they get. You know the ones that will take the mickey. It's up to you to stop it my not being quite so accommodating.

I think Cas Cardiffs idea of a separate work phone which can be turned off is just perfect and might be implementing that myself soon x

I have a work phone and personal one, I turn my work one off as soon as I've finished then turn it back on in the morning. This is your business and separate from family And friends x two phones is the way to go x

I put my phone on silent and answer when I'm ready:) some people think your on call 24 hours!

BOTH my phones are turned off from the moment I go to bed until after I finish my breakfast - work and personal. Nothing is so urgent it can't wait until the morning I think. If there's a family emergency they can phone my landline.
Clients can text me at 4.30am if they want but I'm certainly not picking it up until 8am!

Latest posts

Back