4 day air pocket?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
Hey,

I got my nails done with lcn Saturday and noticed some air bubbles when coming home. Last night, I noticed this socket. Is this a lift or air trapped underneath? Can I wait until the 18th to remove

Attachments

• A90B0457-EBD8-43EE-B20E-6874B3B7AE4B.jpeg
    A90B0457-EBD8-43EE-B20E-6874B3B7AE4B.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 74
Its not an 'air pocket', its 'lifting'

I wouldn't leave it until 18th, classic opportunity for a greenie if left.

Its not an 'air pocket', its 'lifting'

I wouldn't leave it until 18th, classic opportunity for a greenie if left.

could this be something I am doing? I went 4 days ago

Going back would be very hard also. It’s all the way in Ny and I’m in NJ. Covid numbers are high here so I’m afraid to go to a salon. Anything I can do home?? :(

I'm confused as you had them done on 28th July as you posted about the mask issue, thats 8 days ago, not 4 - I only checked as I remember recently replying about it a thought it wasn't only 4 days ago, and thought I was losing my mind (again! :eek: )

So did you have a set on 28th and another on Saturday or is this a repair to one of 28th set?

You've also posted about how fast they are growing so if they are 8 days old it could be stress point lifting where they are too long for the stress apex, if they are new set from Saturday I suspect product touching skin has caused lifting BUT we're in a tricky place at the moment with hand sanitiser use causing massive issues with lifting.

I'm confused as you had them done on 28th July as you posted about the mask issue, thats 8 days ago, not 4 - I only checked as I remember recently replying about it a thought it wasn't only 4 days ago, and thought I was losing my mind (again! :eek: )

So did you have a set on 28th and another on Saturday or is this a repair to one of 28th set?

You've also posted about how fast they are growing so if they are 8 days old it could be stress point lifting where they are too long for the stress apex, if they are new set from Saturday I suspect product touching skin has caused lifting BUT we're in a tricky place at the moment with hand sanitiser use causing massive issues with lifting.

I made a mistake in the other topic. English isn’t my first language. That last topic was about last time I went 4 weeks ago. I went 4 days ago This time. I’m just concerned going back due to covid...idk what to do. Very upset

I made a mistake in the other topic. English isn’t my first language. That last topic was about last time I went 4 weeks ago. I went 4 days ago This time. I’m just concerned going back due to covid...idk what to do. Very upset
Also I got them done in NY. I’m all the way out far in NJ. What can I do to rectify this issue

Also I got them done in NY. I’m all the way out far in NJ. What can I do to rectify this issue

You can't rectify it, it needs to be sorted by a qualified Nail Tech, either full removal and replacement or repair, tech's choice based on other factors.

Do not glue it down, do not pick it off or try to repair it yourself. Your options are return to previous salon, or find a more local tech to help.

Thank you. I won’t do those things. I’m just very worried right now about the rising rates in NJ. I wanted to wait until the 18th to see if it goes down. Is it really that unadvisable? It’s not getting stuck in my hair at this point...

I also own a nail dremmel but am afraid to tilt them myself.

You can't rectify it, it needs to be sorted by a qualified Nail Tech, either full removal and replacement or repair, tech's choice based on other factors.

Do not glue it down, do not pick it off or try to repair it yourself. Your options are return to previous salon, or find a more local tech to help.

Also can I dispute this you think? The nails cost 135$

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I won’t do those things. I’m just very worried right now about the rising rates in NJ. I wanted to wait until the 18th to see if it goes down. Is it really that unadvisable? It’s not getting stuck in my hair at this point...

I also own a nail dremmel but am afraid to tilt them myself.

Extremely bad idea to try to fix it yourself

I'm out

I'm out
Thank you. I always appreciate your help. Brutal honest is useful :)

I'm out
Hi. One more question. I sucked it up and went today. She filed all nails down, applied a new top coat, and on some nails more pink. She said it was applied too close to cuticle. Should this be ok

I'm out
Dang. When I was getting repaired, I noticed similar bubbles in middle of nail. Tech said it was something to do with cuticles. The day after repair and I’m noticing more. Is this also lifting??

I got a new set on Saturday. 4 days later there was lifting. I got it fixed but noticed this still there. The nail tech told me it was something regarding my cuticles and it won’t lift... what’s your take?

Attachments

• C2E68761-F37F-4841-BB97-EC8FD0C089FD.jpeg
    C2E68761-F37F-4841-BB97-EC8FD0C089FD.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back