4 weeks between an appointment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of it, not coming every 2 weeks is the price. I did a lady tonight as a model, at model prices. Her last set cost her £35 and £20 for rebalance, she said to me she didn't know whether she could keep it up because it was so expensive. Yet on the other hand she talked about the cost of going to the hairdressers and the fact that we all do it, but I guess nails mean more frequent visits. I expect when they leave it so long its because they think they are saving themselves money!

Deb379

Carole Lindsay said:
So is what you are trying to tell us is that she's not coming back to you at all? I'm confused! Why would she want to come to you every 4 weeks but do them herself in between - is that the idea?? That's ludicrous and i personally would not work on nails that had been DIY!!

No, no, no :rolleyes:
If someone has something else on their nails (self repairs or other salons), then they should be charged for removal of "it" ;-)

Anna from Toronto said:
No, no, no :rolleyes:
If someone has something else on their nails (self repairs or other salons), then they should be charged for removal of "it" ;-)

Hi all

Have to agree with anna. I dont like fixing other peoples bodge jobs so i remove and new set and charge accordingly.

Little Angel said:
Hi all

Have to agree with anna. I dont like fixing other peoples bodge jobs so i remove and new set and charge accordingly.

Ladies... If you read above this has happened before and the DIY home kit just crumbles under a file and with one wipe of scrub fresh you'd never know she'd even put anything on and this leaves my beautifull enhancement showing again and intact...if this was not the case and she had been to another salon and then theyd be off and I would start again, but this is not the case...So I refuse to soak off just for the sake of it, if there is no need when I suspect again in this case there wont be...

Thanks for the advice though..

Okay went last night and only two with the DIY kit - and with one swish of my trusty file the evil cheap L&P crumbled to dust - just like a scene from Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom.....lol

Anyway did a rebalance and charged her the normal and explained she was lucky to have only lost one nail...

Did the nail art, very nice - all happy then I get my diary out and again she leaving it four Weeks - I need to charge more for this service but how the heck do I get around, its now in my prices and no one has ever done this to me....

What am I to do, I think she is doing this to save money and to prolong the life of her nail art....

So rather than paying £33 per month for maint shes paying £28 for a rebalance and nail art.....

How much should I increase a 4 week appointment to?

I fear the only way to get around this is to set your price so that it costs her MORE to leave it so long. At the very least you should say Oh 4 weeks why would you like to leave it for four weeks? And when she resonds say that that's fine you can leave it for four weeks but I am trying to save your nails and your money by rebalancing them every 2 weeks. When you have a monthly appointment it costs you $xx and your nails have no guarantee against breakage and every repair will cost $x extra. At your fortnightly appointment your nails are getting the best of care and only costing you $xx which is $xx a month.

Obviously as I said above the monthly cost has to be set higher than the fortnightly one but that can't be too hard to do.

Best of luck

Latest posts

Back