4 weeks between an appointment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
how anoying its this, one of my regular L&P ladies had a rebalance on Thursday and then on Friday I went back to do some Nailart for her...

We then discussed the next appointment and she said she wanted to leave it for 4 weeks so I explained as per my aftercare leaflet that by then the nails will be so inbalanced she will more than likely lose some, so I mad her promised to call me before if they get to long...

I really was frustrated with her she knows better - but like Dean said' let her pay another £25 for a new set and maybe then she wont be will to do it again...

hI louise,,,Dean is right!
i charge £30 for a full set,,,£18 for 2 week rebalance,,,£22 for 3 weeks and £26 for 4 weeks which by then they have lost a few so ends up costing them more than having a new full set!! :lol:

WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN TO OUR ADVICE? :rolleyes:

DEBS.x :)

i have to agree with you. If clients aren't prepared to listen to you then you make them pay out of their pocket. I actually have a disclaimer on my client sheet that clearly states that they have to agree to look after thier enhancements and have regular appointments every 2-3 weeks. I then get them to sign this and i sign it as well.

You have to make sure you cover yourself in every way as clients will take you for granted and try and get freebies out of you if they can. If i were you make sure you chareg extra for ever nail you replace.

Hi

I charge £15.00 for a rebalance and suggest that the client has these done every two weeks, I also charge £3.00 per nail, that way if they leave it to long chances are that some need replacing so they end up paying £15.00 for rebalance and additional £3.00 per nail, I dont think you can make clients return when you want them to, all you can do is offer your professional opinion and hope they listen, if not it costs them more in the long run and you are proved right, and that is satisfying.

Cheers

Claire x

I had a client come on Monday and when I checked when she'd last been in it was 5 weeks ago!! So of course Monday came and I expected no nails at worst or major renovation at best! Well she walked in with all nails intact......2 needed to be soaked off as they had pinged due to trauma (still hung on tho')......but the rest looked like she was ready for her 2 weekly appointment.......absolutely perfect, other than they were out of balance and her smile line was heading to mars!

So believe me I was totally shell shocked.......happy, but shocked, however not shocked enough not to charge her the additional weeks, so she ended paying an extra £10 on top (should have been £15.....but they were so good that it didn't seem right - call me old fashioned:o )

Adele

Debs,

I just wondered when you charge 18 for the two weekly rebalance, does that include any nails that the client has lost or would you charge on top for that?

Demonstration.gif
hello

My clients do come every 3-4 weeks.
I only have 1 client (biter) that comes every 2 weeks.

That allowed me to double my clientel. People don't have to come that often which is convinient..and instead of seeing 40 people every 2 weeks I see 80 every 4 (for example) (more chances to retail)

But that is included in my price. I don't do "fills" I do "rebalances" and they are $40 (price is going up soon).

I must add that most of my client wear very active length gel enhancements..so it does work.
Once they start breaking nails and I'm seeing problems..I move them to a week earlier schedule.

I wish nails would last 2 months LOL!!! Then I would have space for more new clients and so many more people would be interested in this procedure since they wouldn't have such a responsibility in maintaining them so often.

Actually I have 1 client that comes every 2 months.
She never breaks a nail, never any problems...she is 82 years old and wouldn't be able to come more often then that.
So she is lucky that she has naturally very good nails and that it works for her.
She knows that I don't recommend such a long time between appointments....but I allow it for her, because her nails are in such a good shape it still takes me regular time to do her rebalance (1:15 min)...because I have less to file LOL.
So I charge her the same.
If I felt like I have to do double work, then I would charge double.

I do charge extra for "extra repairs", not matter is its 2 or 4 weeks.
But if there is no repairs...then no extra charges.

Works for me :cool:

Interesting Post Anna, this client does not have active nails - she has lady of leisure (talons well not ridiculous but the do have a lenght to them)....

But having said that all my clients need maintance between 2-3 (max) to date due to the amount of growth (as oppossed to repairs)...

Hi everyone,

The salon I work at right now charge £15 for infills and they don't charge for any repairs if the client is a previous client of theirs.

Although I think this is may be a good idea - to do free repairs for your regular clients - I wanted to know what sort of policies others have on repairs.

Once we have done a full set, we tell the client that if anything goes wrong with any of the nails, they can come back in and we will repair them for free. however, after two/three weeks if a client comes in with 2 lost nails then would you charge her your normal infill (rebalance) price plus the extra for each lost/repair nail?

I'm am asking because soon I want to start my own business and build up my clientelle and I wanted to know what is the standard practice?

Thanks to anyone who can advise me on this...

Hi Nitisha, Most of the salons around my area (and including myself) usually include 1 or 2 free nails with a rebalance appointment. A 2 week rebalance is average £15 and a 3 week rebalance is average £18. And like I said either 1 or 2 free nails are included but anymore have to be paid for at average £2.50/£3.

Hope this helps
Heather
x

I have a sliding scale for rebalancing, it goes like this:
2 weeks,,,£15
3 weeks,,,£18
4 weeks,,,£22
all include up to two repairs/replacements. More than this many and it is £3.50 per repair. Hope this helps

Love Shellie
XXX

Here in the states, we usually charge somewhere around $3-$5 to replace broken nails. My spa charges $80 for full sets, and $40 for fill-ins, and $5 to fix/replace nails. I absolutely beleive in chargeing extra to replace broken nails. That's your extra time!! Especially when clients don't come in when they should. That teaches then a lesson. And I believe it's okay to charge more for fill-ins the longer they are away. You deserve to get paid for your time, and hard work!! Later!

Here is what I do:
I believe in charging for your time.....but I charge extra IF the work is needed.
I have some clients that come every 4 weeks and take a good care for their nails (oil, not abusing them)...and then I have those that THRASH them in 2.
So if I can do my 4 week french rebalance in regular time (1:15 min) then I charge reg. price.
If I someone comes with trashed nails after 2 weeks, I charge more for extra time ($5 more).

Honestly I think its more fair...and before, when I had my 2-3-4 week pricing (can you believe it!!), I had someone tell me that in fact it wasn't 4 weeks yet, but 3 and a half!

I changed to this pricing because I had few clients ("pickers" or "trashers" LOL) that I would have to spend extra time and had to charge 2 week price.....

So it got too confuzing, counting the amount of days/weeks.....now they know: nails are bad= more money

PS. For between appointments I charge $10 per nail. My full set is $60 and my rabalance is $40.
I did that to discourage people from stretching the appointments too long (for them) and getting fixed one here and there.
Fixing 1 nail takes too much time (Each layer of gel has to be cured 2 min, and I do french, so there is like 3-4 layers...then shaping then Gloss).
Takes ma about 20 min, so I'm not gonna charge $5 for that.
In 1 hour I can do simple sculpted set for $50.
It doesn't add up :o

We charge £20 for a rebalance (or an infill, if they have pink only for polish or to look natural) - 90% come every 2 weeks - however, we also charge an additional £1 for every broken or missing nail to encourage them to look after their nails well and not to 'pick' - we also offer a 13 day (after 14 days they should be due a rebalance) guarantee to replace any broken nails....most people find this reassuring and do not take advantage but it means that we do catch those who have problems with their first set for whatever reason and manage to turn them into long-standing clients! Of course there is the 'odd' person who tries to take advantage but I think the benefits outwheigh the negatives. Fiona

I discovered last night why she has left it so long..she's been and bought a DIY kit....I saw her nephew last night and he said you want to see my Autie Barbaras nails (chuckling) he said they look like shes used polyfila...

I dont know why I didn't suspect this before, as she did this when I first started seeing her :rolleyes:

Well its up to her but she better not be telling her friends I did these monstrosities...

Bless...when will they ever learn, £25 for a new set if thats required wont have saved her any money in the long run at all :rolleyes:

Fab Freak said:
I discovered last night why she has left it so long..she's been and bought a DIY kit....I saw her nephew last night and he said you want to see my Autie Barbaras nails (chuckling) he said they look like shes used polyfila...

I dont know why I didn't suspect this before, as she did this when I first started seeing her :rolleyes:

Well its up to her but she better not be telling her friends I did these monstrosities...

Bless...when will they ever learn, £25 for a new set if thats required wont have saved her any money in the long run at all :rolleyes:
So is what you are trying to tell us is that she's not coming back to you at all? I'm confused! Why would she want to come to you every 4 weeks but do them herself in between - is that the idea?? That's ludicrous and i personally would not work on nails that had been DIY!!

Carole Lindsay said:
So is what you are trying to tell us is that she's not coming back to you at all? I'm confused! Why would she want to come to you every 4 weeks but do them herself in between - is that the idea?? That's ludicrous and i personally would not work on nails that had been DIY!!
No I am seeing her on Tuesday but she thought she could save money by doing her own infill inbetween...hence the 4 weeks between appointments....

Last time I did I took a file to this acrlic and it just crumbled it was hysterical...didnt have to soak at all....

OMG i cant believe what you're telling me - what a bloody cheek (excuse my french!!). I wouldnt work on it if it were me or would at least make her sign a disclaimer!! People never fail to amaze me with their stupidity!

Carole Lindsay said:
OMG i cant believe what you're telling me - what a bloody cheek (excuse my french!!). I wouldnt work on it if it were me or would at least make her sign a disclaimer!! People never fail to amaze me with their stupidity!
No need I will file it off - it just disintergates, so no disclaimer is needed I have been down the road before and if she choses to not listen to my advice then so be it...I bet in another 6 months she have another dabble... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back