40 vol with bleach on scalp for 50 mins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't make sense to me.

Surely you would use the higher peroxide on the ends not the roots. Why overlap? Also I would do a virgin application. I would also cut it first as it seems they just coloured it all then cut it off!

Disappointing coming from a manufacturer really.

I thought 40 volume would burn her scalp and it would just be so harsh on the hair but she not very dark anyway

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

It doesn't make sense to me.

Surely you would use the higher peroxide on the ends not the roots. Why overlap? Also I would do a virgin application. I would also cut it first as it seems they just coloured it all then cut it off!

Disappointing coming from a manufacturer really.

Totally agree. Seems like an entirely backwards process to me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It says a maximum of 30vol on scalp

Attachments

• 1407831331248.jpg
    1407831331248.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 357
They did use 30vol on scalp..

They did use 30vol on scalp..

Did you watch the video it says 40volume lol for formula 1 on scalp

My bad. Maybe they got the formulas in the wrong order? Doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah I know but then why put 40vol on already blonde hair non of it makes sense they should be able to get that with 20vol on her scalp and 10 vol on the already lightened ends and her natural is a 7. lol no wonder they cut her hair short.

Why not email redken and post the reply? :thumbup:

Na I was just wondering if thats what strength to use with it not my problem I was just wondering if its ok to do that with that lightener...maybe its not as strong as the other lighteners

I was always followed the rule, no higher than 6%/20vol on the scalp. I have never had am issue of the lightner not lifting enough, her scalp must have been on fire!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

A hairdresser near me posted on Facebook that she did a bleach with 40 vol and it only took 20 minutes to lift. Omg! Each to their own.

Wowzers. But then again here in the states low and slow pertaining to scalp applications is rarely done. I've never heard any colorist or even a big shot "famous" one discuss it.

For root touch ups with decolorizers/bleach I've had recent luck on some base 5's and only volume 10. And before toner it develops to nearly white.

I'm not a Redken fan, but the outcome looks yellow-y to me.

Their toners are very dark then even had to add half clear to the toner still looked a level 9 and when ive had redken on my hair the toner always washes out fast

Guy Tang does and yes he compares it to Arby's Roast Beef. I wish there were more than just a few that spoke up about low and slow. Believe me, here in the US there is definitely not a low and slow movement.

And rarely do they discuss it specifically for on scalp. It's one reason I'm not pursuing Olaplex for on scalp. At least not at the moment. I like using volume 10 directly on roots and don't want to compromise by bumping it up.

I had 60vol on my scalp once in the early 90s under a dryer! Burn baby burn... Imagine that today 😱

Latest posts

Back