5.1 going warm on client’s roots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katelaw86

Reaction score
Hi,
Just after a bit of advice for a client I have in when back to work..
my client loves flat dark hair, but doesn’t want to be too dark that it looks black!
I use 5.1 igora on her and it goes flat dark when done,
Then she says it goes warm on the roots after a couple of washes,
I told her to change shampoo as i thought that was affecting it,
She said she changed it but it’s still warm!
had anyone had similar issues?
Mir any advice
Thanks

Does she have any grey hair? Are you using Schwarzkopf developer? I have the same problem with my hair, developer makes a huge difference. I’ve found the igora royal ashy cedar 5.21 quite good. If you can get away with a Demi- permanent instead of a permanent colour that would wash up less warm try igora vibrance ashy Cedar. If she has grey to cover try the Absolute range although I don’t know what cool shades they do at the 5 level.

Does she have any grey hair? Are you using Schwarzkopf developer? I have the same problem with my hair, developer makes a huge difference. I’ve found the igora royal ashy cedar 5.21 quite good. If you can get away with a Demi- permanent instead of a permanent colour that would wash up less warm try igora vibrance ashy Cedar. If she has grey to cover try the Absolute range although I don’t know what cool shades they do at the 5 level.
Hi, Thanks for reply,
She has a little bit of grey, I didn’t use the schwartzkopf developer actually so I will do this next time!
also haven’t tried the absolute range so may give that a whirl before going down to a level 4 but I know it will feel even darker.
thanks

Hi, just wondering what % peroxide your using and what your clients natural base is?

Hi, Thanks for reply,
She has a little bit of grey, I didn’t use the schwartzkopf developer actually so I will do this next time!
also haven’t tried the absolute range so may give that a whirl before going down to a level 4 but I know it will feel even darker.
thanks

There are numerous YouTube videos showing the difference in colour swatches from using matching brand developers compared to generic developers. Coverage is usually better and colour stays true for longer.

As a professional, you really should use the matching developer otherwise you could find your insurance is invalid. Insurance small print ALWAYS says follow manufacturers instructions and all manufacturers state to use the matching brand developer.

As more clients develop allergies, it makes sense to be fully covered and the cost of buying brand name developer compared to generic warehouse brands, is pretty negligible if you’re charging properly for your services.

If your darkening the natural level (i.e. going down from a 7 to a 5) I would make the formula 25% Neutral 5, because the natural hair doesn't have enough pigment to support the shade (like how you would add neutral to white hair).

Also a demi-permanent is usually better for darkening and cooler tones because it does not expose (as much) underlying warm pigment.

Latest posts

Back