5 days!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaH73

Reaction score
Well ladies and gents only 5 days till i start my foundation course with Creative and i feel sick with nerves!!! Lots of worrying thoughts going through my head...........

What if i don't pass the course? :(
What if i don't like it........? :shock:
What if i'm so nervous i make myself ill and can't get out of the house (tend to suffer upset tummy :oops: !)?
What if i don't wear the right thing or don't take something with me that i'm supposed to take, is there anything i'm supposed to take?

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
:pukeon: :bouncy:

Very icky Linda.x

Hi Linda

Take a few deep breaths and relax :) .

You will be fine...everyone at creative are great and make you feel relaxed and at ease, try not to worry.

Make sure you take a pen and paper, everything else will be there in the kit for you.

Wear something you feel comfy in....casual and tidy will be fine.

If you are anything like me....you will leave on your first day thinking.....yeah my nails may be rubbish but hey I enjoyed it and with loads of practice I will get better.

Another thing to expect is homework....probably done on the nail trainer...will probably take you 2 hours on first 2 nights of the course.

The main thing is relax and enjoy.

Let us know how you get on

Paula

AAAARGH lol I feel for you Linda, I just got my letter through the post confirming my course!! Mine isnt til october and Im sick with nerves already!! :oops: :rolleyes: ;)

At least I got a few weeks to mentally prepare myself! Argh!
Let us know how you get on ;-) Gooood luck!

xxlaylaxx

I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would be sick with nerves at the thought of doing a Foundation Course!! Everyone is in the same boat. No one knows anything and you are a blank slate ready to be filled.

What you all need is a bit of PMA (positive mental atitude) instead of looking for all the things that can go wrong. If you are nervous or negative it will only work against you.

Never ever once did I think that I wouldn't be able to do good nails eventually. If you think you can't do it then you probably won't. Sounds hard but can be oh so true. Think success not failure. Focus on the information and HOW the trainer does things rather than WHAT she is doing.

I used to always do 2 demonstrations in a class. the first one everyone would go .. ooh ahhh how fantastic etc etc ... but no one h ad actually watched how I did it. The second demo I always said, ... now stop looking at the nail I'm creating and concetrate on how I am doing it.
The angle of the brush, how I held it, how I used it ... how I held the tip, the adhesive etc etc.

Every trainer is going to turn out a great nail -- we should do --- but more important is the how.

Hi girls!
I do so sympathise with the nerves and worries thing and I haven't even booked my course yet!

Just spoken to Training Dept at Creative about doing the Foundation Course:
I explained that I'd completed a Star Nails foundation course two years ago, but last year converted to Creative (it says 'Pre-masters on my certificate, but I'm far from master status!) as wasn't particularly happy with Star's products - sorry Star users!

The lady I spoke to was dissuading me from doing the FC with Creative as she said I probably knew the basics and would be better off having a one-to-one to brush up my skills.

As I already have my Nail Trainer and haven't used the progress cards etc, I queried whether the £149 would be taken off the cost of the FC (as I still would prefer to learn from scratch). The answer was that it would still amount to £411+vat.

Has anyone else in a similar situation to me done the FC or did you find one-to-one was adequate? Also can anyone clarify the cost as the lady I spoke to didn't seem to want me on the FC at all, which made me rather sad to say the least!

Hope someone can help me on this one as I've been thrown into confusion!

Thanks a lot, everyone on this site is a great inspiration for me!

Caroline xx

The Creative Academy Advisors are there to do just that ... advise you on the best choice for you.

Having already done foundation with another company and converted to Creative with the pre Masters course, I'm sure the advisor felt that Foundation again for you was not the best option.

I think Masters would be the best option, as it covers all the basics again and goes way beyond. This route would mean that you would not need to purchase another trainer hand that you do not need. I think she gave you good advice personally.

The Nail trainer is included in the cost of the Creative Foundation Course. There is no discount if you already have a Nail Trainer ... sorry. You can always sell it on.

We at Creative do not pay the normal retail price for the trainer hands (naturally as we buy 1000 per month) so you would not get the retail price discounted or we would be loosing out every time.
Better value for you if you sell it on.

Oh Babe .................

So many if's ......................
So what if you do great............
What if you are the perfect student.............
What if you have a natural knack for nails...............
What if you out shine.................
How will you cope with that lol .................
To many what ifs .......................
So babe my point is................ This is going to be the best thing you ever did, scary maybe, fun definitely.................
everybody there will be in the same nail boat as you.........
As we say here, sit back, learn and enjoy the ride (experience)
I feel it in my resin bottle, YOU WILL BE GREAT.........
Love Ruth xxxxxxx

to all of you that are booked on the foundation course, i can tell you now once you get there you will love it .everyone i know who did it loved it and the training is ace. the tutors are patient and really friendly. when i did mine my nails were like bricks and my smile lines were more of a grimace lol, good luck and enjoy .

Thanks for the positive advice folks. All i can do is my best and i will go in there with a positive attitude :thumbsup: (even with a sicky tummy :pukeoff: !!!!). I suppose i'm just trying to do lots of things at once, got the builders in ripping out my kitchen and haven't had a cooker for two days and now have woke up this morning to discover no hot water as well (more aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh's! :evil: )

Anyway i am looking forward to the course just not good with last minute nerves! :D

Thanks again lots of love Linda.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back