Quantcast

5 inches cut off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

lea2721

Reaction score
Ive just come to moan really feeling a bit down i have not styled my hair for days and ive just relised why.. I had at least 24inch length hair past middle of my back with disconected layers ends were really damaged and wanted my layers to grow so one length... Any way my mate trimmed it for me at college and then the tutor said she would blend the layers in slightly well when she had finished i had hair just below my shoulders :-( my hair condition still feels the same but now its even worse because i have frizzy wavy inbetween hair when its not got that extra weight on it.. Even if i straighten with ghds now it will not go straight.. And when my hair was long i could just dry with a paddle brush and it would look smooth and straight.. Well not no more :-( :-(

Does any one know how i could encourge faster hair growth lol
And any other tips on my hair how to make it look healthy whilst down with out straightning because i know that will damage it further?
Any advice please because i just cant beleive i let her cut this much off lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

lea2721

Reaction score
And my hair feels worse how is this possible lol or do you think its all in my head? But i seriously do miss my long hair

BBH Salon

Reaction score
Ive just come to moan really feeling a bit down i have not styled my hair for days and ive just relised why.. I had at least 24inch length hair past middle of my back with disconected layers ends were really damaged and wanted my layers to grow so one length... Any way my mate trimmed it for me at college and then the tutor said she would blend the layers in slightly well when she had finished i had hair just below my shoulders :-( my hair condition still feels the same but now its even worse because i have frizzy wavy inbetween hair when its not got that extra weight on it.. Even if i straighten with ghds now it will not go straight.. And when my hair was long i could just dry with a paddle brush and it would look smooth and straight.. Well not no more :-( :-(

Does any one know how i could encourge faster hair growth lol
And any other tips on my hair how to make it look healthy whilst down with out straightning because i know that will damage it further?
Any advice please because i just cant beleive i let her cut this much off lol x

Awhhh :( I feel for you, people sometimes get scissor happy....to the extreme.

Ok let’s start with Anagen (growing stage). You need to help this stage, so I recommend getting hold of Nioxin. Its a follicle booster and helps slow down the shedding and resting stage. Go to http://nioxin.com/en-EN/consultation-tool-page.aspx for a free consultation, and they will tell you what Number you need.

Secondly, I would use Alopecin Caffeine Shampoo, this helps boost the follicle and grow it its maximum potential. You can get it in Boots, or any good drug store.

Now lets focus on the exiting hair, you need to treat, re-construct and condition.

First id go for the Nioxin reconstruct, you can get it on Amazon. I’ve tired and tested it, and it’s the best I’ve ever used, no bull****!

Then follow with Wella Enrich Treatment

After that then condition with your chosen conditioner. :)

Lay off the heat, and hair bands, maybe try putting your hair in rags to get nice soft curls? :)

lea2721

Reaction score
Awhhh :( I feel for you, people sometimes get scissor happy....to the extreme.

Ok let’s start with Anagen (growing stage). You need to help this stage, so I recommend getting hold of Nioxin. Its a follicle booster and helps slow down the shedding and resting stage. Go to http://nioxin.com/en-EN/consultation-tool-page.aspx for a free consultation, and they will tell you what Number you need.

Secondly, I would use Alopecin Caffeine Shampoo, this helps boost the follicle and grow it its maximum potential. You can get it in Boots, or any good drug store.

Now lets focus on the exiting hair, you need to treat, re-construct and condition.

First id go for the Nioxin reconstruct, you can get it on Amazon. I’ve tired and tested it, and it’s the best I’ve ever used, no bull****!

Then follow with Wella Enrich Treatment

After that then condition with your chosen conditioner. :)

Lay off the heat, and hair bands, maybe try putting your hair in rags to get nice soft curls? :)
Awww thankyou i will try these steps i know it wont be a miracle it still takes time to grow, but at least im trying something i know diet can affect it to so im going to try eat more healthy, and now my hair is not as long i remember now why i hated my short because it just does not sit right when its long, when long i can just pin to side and all fine and i cant do that now and because id need to use hair straightners it would make it even worse, i hardly ever wear hair bobbles as i know the damage it can do i useally just use grips but cant now, and ive tried everything for my hair you name it lol,
Just two more questions do you think getting my hair coloured every 4 weeks with a demi will be affecting hair condition even more? And if so do you think i should go back closer to my natural hair colour so it can have a long brake and secondly do you think i should svoid all heat and that includes a hairdryer and allow it to dry naturally? Oh and also a uv proctetion spray for hair do you know any good ones xx

lea2721

Reaction score
Because basically my hair was black bleach bathed it went to a salon they put permenant red on had to bleach bath again coloured it then had a demi put on every 4 weeks since then, i know its only 3% developer used but if its already quite badly damaged im thinking maybe this is not helping it, and do you think them products you have recomended will be better than trying a proffesinal product because i can get trade price, but ive already tried clynol osmo avlon and loreal products x

BABSann

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen many years ago, I went into a salon I. A new area I had moved to so the stylist didn't know me or my hair. She started cutting my hair and chopping into it,as though she were thinning it out( I don't know the correct terminology as I'm not a hairdresser)

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it and when she had finished it looked really wispy on the ends, I couldn't do a thing with it when I tried to style it myself and I simply had to have patience and wait for it to grow then return to another stylist and get a good trim to take the wispy ends away.

The new hairdresser said the one who had previously cut it should never had cut it the way she had because it was too fine to do that, I could see exactly what she meant and I always explain to any new hairdressers that I don't want it feathering on the ends, more blunt cut as my hair can't cope with that at all.
It really annoys me when hairdressers do this without thinking about the clients hair. That's what consultations are for. Personally if you're strong enough I would tel that person at the college what she's done and that you're not happy. Not in front of her trainees but discreetly so she is a little bit more careful next time.

I was in tears over my hair and even now I'm very nervous about having my hair trimmed anywhere new.

Good luck and I'm sure our will get some good advice here.

BBH Salon

Reaction score
I would lay off all colouring products all together for a whole , so as you say go back to something more like your natural colour :) also the Nioxin is a professional product , it's a salon exclusive and can be bough at Adele professional whole salers :) if you wanted another option then try the redken intraforce :)

souz

Reaction score
feel for you hun, my hair is the same as yours!! when its really long it didnt need straightening as much but it took so long to wash and blowdry!and it got in really bad condition after i had it bleach bathed to go red!..... when its middle length theres no weight and it looks awful but now i have gone victoria beckham bob short and i love it!!so easy to do, looks great all the time and is in such good condition it always looks shiny!!

id say either persevere with treatments and tying up as much as possible or go shorter an start again!!! xx

good luck

lea2721

Reaction score
I would lay off all colouring products all together for a whole , so as you say go back to something more like your natural colour :) also the Nioxin is a professional product , it's a salon exclusive and can be bough at Adele professional whole salers :) if you wanted another option then try the redken intraforce :)
Oh ok ive been told lol so no more copper back to boring brown :-( and great thankyou i think ill stick to that nioxin one seem as that was the first you recomended and do you think i should try to leave my hair to dry naturally also :)

lea2721

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen many years ago, I went into a salon I. A new area I had moved to so the stylist didn't know me or my hair. She started cutting my hair and chopping into it,as though she were thinning it out( I don't know the correct terminology as I'm not a hairdresser)

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it and when she had finished it looked really wispy on the ends, I couldn't do a thing with it when I tried to style it myself and I simply had to have patience and wait for it to grow then return to another stylist and get a good trim to take the wispy ends away.

The new hairdresser said the one who had previously cut it should never had cut it the way she had because it was too fine to do that, I could see exactly what she meant and I always explain to any new hairdressers that I don't want it feathering on the ends, more blunt cut as my hair can't cope with that at all.
It really annoys me when hairdressers do this without thinking about the clients hair. That's what consultations are for. Personally if you're strong enough I would tel that person at the college what she's done and that you're not happy. Not in front of her trainees but discreetly so she is a little bit more careful next time.

I was in tears over my hair and even now I'm very nervous about having my hair trimmed anywhere new.

Good luck and I'm sure our will get some good advice here.
I know thats how i feel when it was first trimed every one was saying its not that short yes its still long to you but to me it feels sooo short lol and its going to feel like forever to grow :-( x

lea2721

Reaction score
feel for you hun, my hair is the same as yours!! when its really long it didnt need straightening as much but it took so long to wash and blowdry!and it got in really bad condition after i had it bleach bathed to go red!..... when its middle length theres no weight and it looks awful but now i have gone victoria beckham bob short and i love it!!so easy to do, looks great all the time and is in such good condition it always looks shiny!!

id say either persevere with treatments and tying up as much as possible or go shorter an start again!!! xx

good luck
No ive had a inverted bob before my hair just looks like a mushroom lol because my hair is really wavy it seems to suit it longer otherwise when short it seems to just look frizzy no matter what i do with it .. Im just going to follow advice go close to natural let it rest for a few months and follow advice as above oo gona be hard to be natural again i need to do it though dont i xx

Tomme

Reaction score
Ok, holland and barrets do hair ad nail herbal tablets, that will help with growth.
Then get some osmo reconstructor to use twice weekly and a henna wax conditioner for daily use or between osmo.
Yes diet is next, just the basics so keep fruit with you all day. Have a apple on the way to college, banana for break, grapes or something else on lunch and some other fruits when your home.

I'd stay away from ghd all together, my hair isn't in bad condition, and feels nice after fhi, but if ghd's are used omg does it feel like a birds nest! Get fhi or cloud 9 if you want it straight.
Or as a alternate without heat, buy sponge Velcro rollers, use some hairspray (sparingly) on wet hair and sleep in the rollers, hell of a lot less work in the morning for you, and you can play with clipping some pieces up from the front, giving te crown more height, or getting a nice decorative bull clip and putting the whole lot up on warm days. Xoxo

lea2721

Reaction score
Ok, holland and barrets do hair ad nail herbal tablets, that will help with growth.
Then get some osmo reconstructor to use twice weekly and a henna wax conditioner for daily use or between osmo.
Yes diet is next, just the basics so keep fruit with you all day. Have a apple on the way to college, banana for break, grapes or something else on lunch and some other fruits when your home.

I'd stay away from ghd all together, my hair isn't in bad condition, and feels nice after fhi, but if ghd's are used omg does it feel like a birds nest! Get fhi or cloud 9 if you want it straight.
Or as a alternate without heat, buy sponge Velcro rollers, use some hairspray (sparingly) on wet hair and sleep in the rollers, hell of a lot less work in the morning for you, and you can play with clipping some pieces up from the front, giving te crown more height, or getting a nice decorative bull clip and putting the whole lot up on warm days. Xoxo
I useally do velcros etc and when was long use to just clip it up but now it just seems a mess either way, but i was not sure about the sleep in rollers if they would be comfy or not but im gussing they are then ill have to try them because my hair is wavy so looks nice when curled and brush out a bit. And i hardly ever use straightners i have diva and ghds but i only use them very rarely but that was my problem now because now its lost the weight it needs them to be straight, would you say i should go back to as close as my natural hair colour leave my hair for a few months and just go for trims every 6-8weeks and have a deep conditiong treatment at same time x

lea2721

Reaction score
And dont blowdry my hair leave to dry naturally and use the rollers when i want shape ive got plastic you know wet set rollers but there so much messing about can you use velcro rollers on slightly damp hair? X

Tomme

Reaction score
I use Velcro on damp, and the results are fine, you can also get soft hollow Velcro rollers so you could put a kirkby grip in for added strength.
It's best to not put colour on hair if possible even for people with te best condition, but like most people you like colour, if you really want colour or want to grow it out a bit easyer than just leaving it give colour mousse a try or te sachets of shampoo with a semi in it like the old fashioned hint of a tint, they are really gentle when compared to a permanent or demi, I think wella do them in boots and Superdrug.

Xoxo

lea2721

Reaction score

lea2721

Reaction score

BBH Salon

Reaction score
Oh ok ive been told lol so no more copper back to boring brown :-( and great thankyou i think ill stick to that nioxin one seem as that was the first you recomended and do you think i should try to leave my hair to dry naturally also :)

I would defo go with Nioxin! It’s amazing! :D I would leave the hair to dry naturally, like Tomme said, use Velcro rollers :) Congrats on your first step to healthy hair :p :D

souz

Reaction score
No ive had a inverted bob before my hair just looks like a mushroom lol because my hair is really wavy it seems to suit it longer otherwise when short it seems to just look frizzy no matter what i do with it .. Im just going to follow advice go close to natural let it rest for a few months and follow advice as above oo gona be hard to be natural again i need to do it though dont i xx

i did that for a while an now i love the natural look and so easy to look after!good luck and hope you get sorted xx

lea2721

Reaction score
I would defo go with Nioxin! It’s amazing! :D I would leave the hair to dry naturally, like Tomme said, use Velcro rollers :) Congrats on your first step to healthy hair :p :D
Ive been having a look on that adel im defo going to get some and that reconstror mask thing and the velcro rollers to oh and also that caffeine shampoo i thought that was a load of rubbish you know but been reading reviews on amazon and loads of 5 stars for it and i know its a big thing admiting that you actually need to have a break and go natural well as natural as i can be :) and im thinking 12-16 weeks ill try wait longer but might be hard but want to evwntually be a carmel blonde with low lights so got a goal to reach thankyou for your advice xx

Latest posts