5 overlays and tips off after 12 hours...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
help I a saw a client last night for the first time, she wanted a set of L&P on for Xmas and new year...

I used cuticle remover, cleaned it off with citri soak, scrubbed with Scrubfresh , then with my white block removed the shine and once again scrub freshed then applied white tips using Gel Bond(i know what a cheat) then applied creatives glimmer with Rention +, and shes just called to tell me there are only 5 left on her at the moment!

What could I have done wrong

the client had no free edge and the tip lenght could not have been any shorter...

Helpp....

Hi.

I have had the same problem. I qaulified in april and although I have done quite a few sets of nails successfully and had non fall off my sister can only keep her nails on for around 5 days at the most. She was my client that I had to practice on at the academy and when I had to bring her back a week later to re-balance 5 of hers had fallen off. I have tried several times on her but they just won't stay.
Although I can't really help you just thought i'd let you know that i happens to me too.

Hi Louise,

Has she had enhancements before? I would suggest that she has either picked them off or perhaps isn't use to having them and isn't being as careful as she should.

From reading your previous threads, you are very conscientious, so would suggest it isn't your application but your client :hug:

Louise

plaoh said:
Hi Louise,

Has she had enhancements before? I would suggest that she has either picked them off or perhaps isn't use to having them and isn't being as careful as she should.

From reading your previous threads, you are very conscientious, so would suggest it isn't your application but your client :hug:

Louise

Hi there Louise - long time no speak

She is in child care so hands are being washed constantly - shes had them on once before not by myself - I don't see how she could have done this with them so short and I dont think she is a picker, her nails were in nice condition even though he beds are tiny!! - so frustrating

Hi Louise

If her nail beds are tiny and she has no free edge then white tips may not have been the tip to use. They are good for a longer nail bed with a little free edge but on little nails they have a potential weak area where they are not blended in. The apex compensates for the weakness on a longer nail but on a little one can't.

Try blending a tip or sculpting.

Marian

Don't know if this will help or not but here goes.......

I had a similar problem on my own nails a couple of years ago, I had a full set of extensions... they didn't last a week... went back and saw my tech, she very kindly did me another set free of charge, the same thing happened.
It was decided that it must have been due to me having very oily nails. I don't know how true that is but it did seem viable at the time, I've had extensions since, using the same system, and no problems.
I've not come across it myself yet (on a client).
Could it possibly be a hormone thing?

x

mum said:
Hi Louise

If her nail beds are tiny and she has no free edge then white tips may not have been the tip to use. They are good for a longer nail bed with a little free edge but on little nails they have a potential weak area where they are not blended in. The apex compensates for the weakness on a longer nail but on a little one can't.

Try blending a tip or sculpting.

Marian

Thanks Marian,

I saw the client concerned last night, there were two left at this point which were solid as a rock on her middle finger and one thumb :( of which she gave me the all the 5 tips and overlay which she managed to save. but i could draw no conclusions from them or give her an explanation.

I will apply this in future and avoid white tips.

I only used them for speed at the time as I was working on 3 clients a one house and only had till between 6 & 9.30 to get them all done! I did taylor the well area, but didn't blend for obvious reasons.

There was some signs of stress on nail where you could see it had come away but on others the nail plate was clean!!

I understood her frustrations but all of them of bar two and I did the same on the other girls and they too had vertually no free edge but a slightly longer nail bed and they are still all on...

Anyway she doesnt want another set on so what can i do

Latest posts

Back