5th wedding anniversary ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
So it is nearly my 5th wedding anniversary and I dong know what to do/buy for my husband. I have looked at loads of stuff online but struggling to find anything. Any ideas on what I could do or share what you did for your anniversaries? Thanks geeks!

What is your budget?xx

Probably around £200

You could book a weekend away. Xx

You have kids don't you? So maybe a weekend away might not be appropriate for you but have a look at the Windermere boutique hotel they have rooms that either come with a spa bathroom or a hot tub in every room quiet expensive but if it's for one night kids free it's cheaper through the week aswell (I have just realised your in the South east so coming to be lakes might be too far)

Weekend away, spa weekend, hot air balloon ride, a personalised keepsake, a theatre and meal night.

We had a lovely night away in Portsmouth for my birthday with a bath in the bedroom at the Clarence hotel. Went shopping in the quays and for a meal. You can also get the hovercraft to the Isle of white from there for a day trip x

Design some cuff links with some wood in (traditional 5th anniversary gift). On a similar theme, you could plant a tree (or buy a square metre of a forest!).
Failing that, a personalised wooden box with his favourite booze in :)

Theres some really good ideas there, i think nights away will be too difficult as we dont really have anyone to have the kids. I love the wood cufflinks idea, when i saw that wood was the traditional gift i couldnt think of anything he would like. I thought about maybe taking him on a tree top adventure or to Go Ape as thats wood related, but I'm pregnant so I dont think I would be allowed to do it.

My husband always sticks with the "theme" no matter how big or small for 5 years I got a hand-carved wooden heart keyring with 2 different woods, it's beautiful! I've had all-sorts a book (paper) a lizard made out of metal (copper) a handbag (leather) an old-fashioned iron (iron) clothing (cotton) etc. X

I love the traditional ideas but my husband doesnt have a clue about things like that. I will have to explain the significance behind the wooden cufflinks lol. Will get him some aftershave to go with the cufflinks i think.

Latest posts

Back