6 weekly cuts!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley865

Reaction score
Hi guys, just curious if you find your clients book every 6 weeks? I opened a new salon last year and find women arent so regular with getting hair cuts, most every 12 weeks!! Am I just unlucky or is this pretty normal? I think I will start introducing loyalty if they return every 6 weeks. But just wondered if this was because of the recession / is this normal?

If anyone has any advice on what sort or rewards scheme I could do for regular bookings? Many thanks guys xx

Hi guys, just curious if you find your clients book every 6 weeks? I opened a new salon last year and find women arent so regular with getting hair cuts, most every 12 weeks!! Am I just unlucky or is this pretty normal? I think I will start introducing loyalty if they return every 6 weeks. But just wondered if this was because of the recession / is this normal?

If anyone has any advice on what sort or rewards scheme I could do for regular bookings? Many thanks guys xx

It varies greatly in my experience. I have regulars who book repeat appts anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks! Depends on type of cut, length of hair and natural texture and probably budget!! :)

the salon i go to you get 10% off if you rebook your next appt for 6 weeks, and they are always busy(hard to get an appt) xx

It varies greatly in my experience. I have regulars who book repeat appts anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks! Depends on type of cut, length of hair and natural texture and probably budget!! :)

totally agree...also i find that a lot of clients, no matter how much you drum it into them, fail to understand that if they have their hair trimmed every 6 weeks, it will grow...but they wait 12 because it doesn't seem to have grown much...:grr:

From a customer point of view, I will go when I feel I can afford to. Sadly with the recession lots of people are doing that. Usually I go about every 8-12 weeks lately. I try to go as often as I can afford. Hth x

I tend to ask at the end of my clients app if they would like me to book them in for there next app, most tend to say oohh yes please and then I book them accordingly, most are around 6 weeks, a handful to 8 weeks, some try longer but not many. I tend to add with my question on re booking with your hair to keep it in good condition and in style I would advise u to have it done in x amount of weeks. I think it guilts them in to it. Lol

Mine are every 5 weeks

Most of our clients come very 6-12 weeks, everyone varies, most feel they don't need it cutting that often as 6 weeks

A lot of my clients have booked me every 6 weeks until christmas already! I just explain Im really busy and its best to book to avoid dissapointment. I think you just have to train your clients to repeat book. I never offer their next appointment - I assume they want it by saying "how long shall we go for your next cut" or "6 weeks?". Does the trick.
I have the odd client that goes 10 weeks or so, but we send text reminders so they dont forget.
xxx

Latest posts

Back