6 weeks to lose weight!!! help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi im offon my hols in 6 weeks and need to lose weight ...fast.
Realise that this is not the most healthy way to do it but time has crept up on me and the realisation that i could be bobbling and wobbling about in 6 weeks has finally hit me.
Ideally i need to lose 21 lbs but would be happy with 14 which i know is achievable in this time.. so opinions please
Cant do Atkins, ive been on it before and know the thought of all them eggs and bacon etc make me feel sick..:green: so likewise the south beach diet.
Have thought about just lots of salad etc... for the next 6 weeks??
Thoughts please and is this amount of weight achievable??

nailfairy said:
Hi im offon my hols in 6 weeks and need to lose weight ...fast.
Realise that this is not the most healthy way to do it but time has crept up on me and the realisation that i could be bobbling and wobbling about in 6 weeks has finally hit me.
Ideally i need to lose 21 lbs but would be happy with 14 which i know is achievable in this time.. so opinions please
Cant do Atkins, ive been on it before and know the thought of all them eggs and bacon etc make me feel sick..:green: so likewise the south beach diet.
Have thought about just lots of salad etc... for the next 6 weeks??
Thoughts please and is this amount of weight achievable??

Hi nailfairy,

i replied to a post a while ago about the 30 day fat burner diet. I swear by it and I lost 4.5 pounds my first week and 2 pounds evry week after that. I have always battled to lose weight but never with this diet ever!!! Still feel great!

Do a search on 30 day and I hope this helps you. :hug:

To answer your question, yes it is possible in that length of time.

xxxx

Rose143 said:
Hi nailfairy,

i replied to a post a while ago about the 30 day fat burner diet. I swear by it and I lost 4.5 pounds my first week and 2 pounds evry week after that. I have always battled to lose weight but never with this diet ever!!! Still feel great!

Do a search on 30 day and I hope this helps you. :hug:

To answer your question, yes it is possible in that length of time.

xxxx

It's the slimming world thread xxx

The only thing that has ever worked for me is reducing my fat intake. Quite eating cheese, butter, fried food and half fat milk. Eat lwhite meat (chicken) and fish and loads of vegetables instead of rice or pasta. Also, drink lots of water. When you feel like a snack eat chopped vegetables.

Try not be too drastic, as you'll begin to crave of all the fattening foods. You can do it!

hi

i have just signed up to the slimming world online plan. i thought since i spend ages on the computer anyway i might aswell give it a go, i've got 8 weeks till my holiday so got to try something!!!

oh cant be a diet that requires foods with alot of preperation time as time is something i dont have alot of , before the hours of 8pm

Thanks

I'm trying the Paul McKenna weight loss system. Just bought his new book 'I can make you thin'. Took me about half a day to read it and it comes with a CD too. It all seems to make sense, in that dieting makes you fat! I have dieted for years and years - sometimes successfully, sometimes not - but I still end up putting the weight back on whatever..... and usually more.

This system just trys to get you to retrain you to listen to your body. The four main steps are:
1. Only eat when you are hungry.
2. Eat whatever you want, not what you think you should eat.
3. Eat slowly and consciously - being aware of every mouth ful.
4. Stop when you are full!

I have only started a few days ago, but its amazing how much I haven't been listening to my body. Don't know if you're like me but I ususally wolf my food down, clean my plate - then go for pudding! Haha. With this I have found I feel full before my plate is clean, and usually have a bit of pudding later on when I get a bit hungry again.

I think its worth having a look at anyway - its only £7.99 from Sainsburys at the moment. HTH. And good luck!:)

i bought this book and cd aswell, perhaps i should start trying it, just feel a bit freaked by the cd idea- i havn't listened to it yet

nik said:
i bought this book and cd aswell, perhaps i should start trying it, just feel a bit freaked by the cd idea- i havn't listened to it yet

The CD is ok, just goes over whats in the book - but I actually fall asleep each time I listen to it - his voice is SO hypnotic!! Haha

Try Slimming World - you can eat as much as you want of the free foods such as vegetables, fruit etc - then depending upon your choice of day - original, eat as much lean meat as you like - green, eat as much pasta,potato and rice as you like. I have lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks and my friend has lost 12. It really does work and its so easy to follow.

Good luck with whichever diet you go on - be determined and you will look lovely on holiday

Is there a website for channel 4 show 'you are what you eat' or I'm sure I've seen a book by Dr Gillian McKeefe (sp??). She gets people losing a couple of stone in 8 weeks so it can be done.

i have just read paul mckenna's book (I Can Make You Slim!) it's really good. i have done weight watchers for a long time , and this does work well with it ! apparently all slim people do four things! eat only when they are actully hungry ! eat what your body tells you to eat! enjoy every mouthfull ( chew it and put your fork down between bites) and stop eating when your body says its full! simple really! i lost 3lb this week! it comes with a cd to listen to which gives you loads of positive relaxation stuff!

hope you get to your goal! have a good time
vicky

Bryony said:
Is there a website for channel 4 show 'you are what you eat' or I'm sure I've seen a book by Dr Gillian McKeefe (sp??). She gets people losing a couple of stone in 8 weeks so it can be done.

The website is http://www.drgillianmckeith.com/

but it really hard to stick to the diet!! But very good for you and makes real sense.

Bubble said:
I'm trying the Paul McKenna weight loss system. Just bought his new book 'I can make you thin'. Took me about half a day to read it and it comes with a CD too. It all seems to make sense, in that dieting makes you fat! I have dieted for years and years - sometimes successfully, sometimes not - but I still end up putting the weight back on whatever..... and usually more.

This system just trys to get you to retrain you to listen to your body. The four main steps are:
1. Only eat when you are hungry.
2. Eat whatever you want, not what you think you should eat.
3. Eat slowly and consciously - being aware of every mouth ful.
4. Stop when you are full!

I have only started a few days ago, but its amazing how much I haven't been listening to my body. Don't know if you're like me but I ususally wolf my food down, clean my plate - then go for pudding! Haha. With this I have found I feel full before my plate is clean, and usually have a bit of pudding later on when I get a bit hungry again.

I think its worth having a look at anyway - its only £7.99 from Sainsburys at the moment. HTH. And good luck!:)
I've bought this book aswell and i lost 3lb this week so i'm really happy!!!
thats a good price i paid 9.99 for mine! i'll try and remember you login name and see how your getting on!!
vicky

Slimming World do things call fast forwards which speed up the process post something on my wife's website and she will tell you all....

www.pontandcas-slimming-world.co.uk

Guy

If you are wanting some help and advice from other people trying to loose weight, try looking at www.pontandcas-slimming-world.co.uk

You will get loads of help and tips from other members

Amanda

tricky vicky said:
i have just read paul mckenna's book (I Can Make You Slim!) it's really good. i have done weight watchers for a long time , and this does work well with it ! apparently all slim people do four things! eat only when they are actully hungry ! eat what your body tells you to eat! enjoy every mouthfull ( chew it and put your fork down between bites) and stop eating when your body says its full! simple really! i lost 3lb this week! it comes with a cd to listen to which gives you loads of positive relaxation stuff!

hope you get to your goal! have a good time
vicky

I have just ordered it from Amazon - can't help to do it alonside slimming world. Would love to lose 3lb in a week!!!!!

How long does the CD run for?

Latest posts

Back