60's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
i have someone in next week who wants her hair blowdrying in a sixties style, its shoulder length and fine, im not too sure what is sixties style, is it big, beehives, twists?:irked:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
hair1.gif
hair2.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
hair8.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
hair5.gif
hair6.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
hair4.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
hair7.gif

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

here is a few styles for you hun....hope they help xxx

blow dry her hair using a large round brush to get root lift and flicks, at the top of her crown, put some large rollers in ( heated or velcro ) she could have a side parting at the front thats tucked behing her opposite ear and a mini beehive at the front of the crown .
hope it makes sense!!!
Carie x

I do realise that you have probably already have this client in, but for anyone with a similar problem in the future here is my response:

The first place I would begin is by researching the hair styles of some of the bigger names of the 60s: Ursula andress, jane asher, shirley bassey, honor blackman, cher, petula clark, patsy cline, patty duke, faye dunaway, mia farrow, peggy fleming, jane fonda, aretha franklin, goldie hawn, audrey hepburn, judy jetson, janet leigh, lulu, marilyn monroe, elizabeth montgomery, stefanie powers, priscilla presley, nancy sinatra, dusty springfield, elizabeth taylor, twiggy, dionne warwick, natalie wood.

I recently had to style my hair for a hairspray themed party and took my look from "hairspray" the 2007 movie for some style ideas, there are some great hair styles in this movie. :biggrin:

The 60s were a time of dyed, teased and big hair.

she didnt want in 60s in the end! just curled! never mind, i was looking forward to doing it as well!

Latest posts

Back