7/1 too warm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle2510

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have a client that before the lockdown was having full head foils then 7/1 + 7/0 flooded in between. She is 100% grey and seems to throw so much warmth. She doesn’t want to go any lighter than a 7 but I’m at a loss to get some more ash in there
Any help appreciated so I can make sure I have stock when I get back to work!

I’m assuming you are using wella. 7/1 won’t really neutralise much warmth. I’m guessing you mean it’s more orange tones as it’s a level 7 you are working with, in which case you would be better off using a 7/18 to control the warmth. You could also use 77/0 and add /81 mix tone in. It might cover nicer with the stronger base.

Thankyou for your reply. Yes sorry should have said I’m using Wella. I think I will give the 7/18 a go, Thanks so much

I’m confused by your post. How can she be throwing warm if she’s 100% grey?
That’s white hair with no melanin so you’d be adding colour to it.

I’m confused by your post. How can she be throwing warm if she’s 100% grey?
That’s white hair with no melanin so you’d be adding colour to it.

I wondered the same but I’m suspecting its the 7/0 not having enough coverage and leaving an orange cast where the hair needs more base colour adding too it. I think a 77/0 would sort it.

I wondered the same but I’m suspecting its the 7/0 not having enough coverage and leaving an orange cast where the hair needs more base colour adding too it. I think a 77/0 would sort it.

I agree. I think it’s important that the OP understands that it’s not the hair that’s causing the problem.

I have the same problem - no matter what i put on my hair it throws gold. im between about 50-60% grey but Im 90% white at my temples and any colour i put on goes darker and more warm there. Im currently using Schwarzkopf Professional Igora Royal Ashy Cedar 7.21 or L'Oréal Professionnel Majirel Cool Cover but theyre still not where i want to be. Any idea would be appreciated - i know the 77/0 wont work - i'll give the 7.18 a try - i think i may have used that in the past.

I have the same problem - no matter what i put on my hair it throws gold. im between about 50-60% grey but Im 90% white at my temples and any colour i put on goes darker and more warm there. Im currently using Schwarzkopf Professional Igora Royal Ashy Cedar 7.21 or L'Oréal Professionnel Majirel Cool Cover but theyre still not where i want to be. Any idea would be appreciated - i know the 77/0 wont work - i'll give the 7.18 a try - i think i may have used that in the past.

What have you used in the cool cover?

I’d use 1/2 7CC and 1/2 7.1CC

great thanks will give it a try

Latest posts

Back