8 Feet of snow!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Yes, you read that right

8 FEET OF SNOW:eek:
imageNYHB10202091555.jpg

I live in Quebec, just off the island of Montreal.
We are a 1.5hr drive from the border of New York, USA.
I have family residing in New York.

Check this out, then complain about snow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8 Feet of Snow in N.Y., and More Coming, Lake-Effect Squalls Bury N.Y. County Under 8 Feet of Snow _ and More Is Coming - CBS News

This is going on RIGHT AS WE SPEAK.

Upstate N.Y. expects 100 inches of snow - Weather - MSNBC.com

Upstate N.Y. Buried Under 6 Feet Of Snow - News (this one has video clips of the snow, commercials will show first, then video, right side of the page)

AccuWeather.com - Weather Blogs - Weather News

LP: Lake-effect snow buries upstate New York (6-8 feet)

I don't know about you, but I don't think my hubby's going to complain about shoveling tonight.
I think he's just going to pray it doesn't come this way LOL:lol:
We often share weather with NY... so we're a tad nervous right now lol

We're in our second week of extreme cold and right fed up.
With temps varying from -25 to -45 (below zero).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let the snow come here.
:Scared:

That poor Grandpa in Parish, New York, he had about an inch of snow on his eyelashes!:eek:

I can't belive it, how are people meant to cope, that's not pretty anymore!

It's very worrying too. It's causing damage and even death. It's awful that they are expecting at least another two feet aswell.

I'm off to pray for some sun for them so they can thaw out slightly.

Teri x:hug:

Now that puts a few things in to perspective!!!!

Really does make us look like a bunch of wimps.

Although, because we don't get snow that often, we are never prepared for it so that's why it causes so much disruption.

Interesting reading Vic!!!

Although, because we don't get snow that often, we are never prepared for it so that's why it causes so much disruption.

I know what you mean Jules:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , 2 inches of snow here and all the bread and milk has gone from the shops!

While I giggle at you guys, I truly understand. For you, it's freak weather. And if you don't have the winter tires that we have, nor the snow removal services, OF COURSE everything will come to a standstill.

BUT New York is prepared for this sort of thing.. like ourselves.. just not 8 FEET of it:eek: .......
it's downright scarey.

Well let's all hope you don't get that weather front.
Our snows melting away now,

And the snowmans dead!:cry:

And the snowmans dead!:cry:

Thanks!

I really needed to chuckle so hard, my coffee spit out my nose:irked:

That line caught me unawares and tickled my funny bone in a funny way, and there ya have it.
Coffee on my nightshirt (we're just having brekky, it's early here still) and coffee on my keyboard
THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN
:o

thanks for the giggle, as messy as it was.

When are the services?

Sorry about that, but that snowman had sentimental value!!!:lol:

Me and my boy made it the day before yesterday.

It had arms, and everything.........:lol: :lol:

Late last night I went out for a ciggy, and I heard the "thud" as he hit the deck!! :lol: :lol:

Late last night I went out for a ciggy, and I heard the "thud" as he hit the deck!! :lol: :lol:

PMSL:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're killing me here :lol:
Did you take pics for safekeeping?

woo hoo i cant wait to be over in canada and get that much snow , its ace better than the rubbish stuff we have here :lol: i love it !!

When we did have snow, my two daughters' made a snowman, he only stood about 1ft high ah! When it melted all was left was the carrot and a couple of raisins, I know how you feel.

RIP little snowman!

And we want some snow here now... Send this way please!!

Thanks Victoria for that ! Keep us updated, if you dont want it I hope you dont get it ! :eek:

:eek:

My daughter has just informed me it's snowing:eek: I looked out the window and the first words outta my mouth were "Oh S**t!". My daughter then informed me "that's a bad word Momma, you're not supposed to say that":rolleyes:

It had BETTER NOT BE THAT CRAP FROM NEW YORK:!: :!: :!:

I'll keep y'all posted:lol:

When we did have snow, my two daughters' made a snowman, he only stood about 1ft high ah! When it melted all was left was the carrot and a couple of raisins, I know how you feel.

RIP little snowman!

...sounds like my husband!!!!!

oh goodness me and we moan about 4 inchs..lol

its gone all crappy where i live now all like slop.

but i deffinatly dont want 4 foot!!! :eek: xx

:eek:

My daughter has just informed me it's snowing:eek: I looked out the window and the first words outta my mouth were "Oh S**t!". My daughter then informed me "that's a bad word Momma, you're not supposed to say that":rolleyes:

It had BETTER NOT BE THAT CRAP FROM NEW YORK:!: :!: :!:

I'll keep y'all posted:lol:
Im on my way!!! :lol:

8 feet of snow or 8 inches of snow ... let me have a think about that for a second ... I know I dislike the chaos that snow brings but that certainly puts things into perspective ... I feel almost embarrassed :o

did the snow reach you hun..?

or has your net gone off as you are burried under 8 ft of snow..?

great for the kids not so good for us adults eh.

i just cant get in my head what it would be like to have 8 ft:eek: :eek: :eek: of snow here. the country would come to a stand still...lol

hope everythings okay with you xx

i live in new york too, but i'm in the mid-hudson valley.
i've been reading about parish and find it amazing - even for upstate new york!
i just read this morning, they've now got 110 inches of snow and are still expecting more!! lake effect!
so far, we've had about 2 inches of the stuff and that didn't come untill the 2nd week in february!
we had 70 degree weather in most of january!
God bless everyone in parish and the surrounding areas!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Latest posts

Back