80's Fancy Dress - Make-Up Help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
Ok, three of my crowd have birthdays in the next 10 days, so we're all going out next Saturday to the Quayside, so far, so good!

Then one bright spark had an idea we should go in fancy dress!?!?!?!? Cos we're all old bags, it was decided that it should be the era that we were in our prime......... so 80's it is!

I have my hair sorted, it's gonna be all brushed up and over on one side with a big flicked fringe, think, "Flock of Seagulls" "Garry Numan" etc. I'm wearing black leggings, pink stilletoes, pink ra-ra skirt and a Wham! "Choose Life!" T-Shirt, sleeves rolled over, the whole she-bang!:eek:

I'm stuck on what to do with my make up tho!I've done an image search on google for 80's make-up and new romantic make-up and come up with nothing!

All ideas welcome!!!! :green:

What with me being far, far too young to remember....(don't you dare check my profile!!!.....:rolleyes: I'm sure some one I know told me...:rolleyes: that the make up was very, bright.

Try blue and pink eye shadows, yes, together. Ridiculous eh? With very pink blusher, and lip gloss.

Mascara, the "electric blue " mascara.

Errmmm.......can't remember what else this person told me! :lol::lol::lol:.

What with me being far, far too young to remember....(don't you dare check my profile!!!.....:rolleyes: I'm sure some one I know told me...:rolleyes: that the make up was very, bright.

Try blue and pink eye shadows, yes, together. Ridiculous eh? With very pink blusher, and lip gloss.

Mascara, the "electric blue " mascara.

Errmmm.......can't remember what else this person told me! :lol::lol::lol:.

Ok, I'm really sorry! BUT I checked your profile :green: I'm older than you by bout 6 months, lol!

Thing is, in the 80's I was deathly pale, think Carol Decker (T'Pau) and just had smoky eyes n RED lips! So never really did the colours thing, lol. I'm thinking of pink n blues for my make up, but don't know where to put them! Are we all nice n blended like now or am I looking for something more "fake" looking, lol! I need pics :eek:

Well........so this person tells me! :lol:

They used to where the pink eye shadow on just the eyelids, then under the eyebrow was the blue or purple eyeshadow. Just where the eyebrow end (the outer side not the side near your nose) add some pink there to to shade it in.

Looks absolutely awful, but that's how we .........oooh eerrr they did it!:o

I'll have a bit of a google and see if I can find something, bare with me!

WHAM - Wake me up before you go-go

Have a look at this! It's the cover to 'Wake me up before you go go' :eek:

Hope it helps.

Bloody hell! That's a bit scary, lol! I think I'm liking it in a strange kinda way, lol! Don't think I'll be able to grow my eyebrows that much in a week tho, lol!

Lots of eyeliner inside and outside the eye and bright pink lips oh and beauty spots were hot (think Madonna) I have a mole on my face and I used to use my eyeliner pencil to make it more pronounced. Big dangly earings!

Eyebrows were thicker then too if I remember and hair spray was very very important, remember the cloud of it in the ladies at the night clubs, try to google the girls in the eighties bands, bananarama and especially the girls in ....oh bugger forgot the name (I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar" you know who I mean. although to be honest the guys wore more make up than the girls:lol::lol:

Lots of eyeliner inside and outside the eye and bright pink lips oh and beauty spots were hot (think Madonna) I have a mole on my face and I used to use my eyeliner pencil to make it more pronounced.

Eyebrows were thicker then too if I remember and hair spray was very very important, remember the cloud of it in the ladies at the night clubs, try to google the girls in the eighties bands, bananarama and especially the girls in ....oh bugger forgot the name £I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar" you know who I mean. although to be honest the guys wore more make up than the girls:lol::lol:

Oooh! Forgot about beauty spots! I'll have one of those! Human League you're thinking of! My hair is gonna be very like the blonde one actually, good thinking Jac!

yep thats them
Human_League.jpg

From all the pics I've found so far, it looks like I'm gonna be wearing a lot of blusher in my temples:confused::eek:

Where are Smash Hits n Just Seventeen when you need them lol!

Jac you just read my mind:lol:
Human League definately.

ooh I loved the 80's this was my teenage years it was wild and the fashion and makeup was well lets say strange!!
:hug:
images[5].jpg

Ok I'm gonna be straight with you now girls. I was really bad at the 80's make up thing.

That bad infact it was good at the time!!!
I know you all find it really difficult to believe.:green:.... but yes... my profile is correct!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:;)
Glad you did this thread actually, it's took me back!!! LOL :lol:

It's so funny actually, my mate was talking to someone at work a while back. They were trying to get tickets to see George Michael and were whinging about how hard it was and how expensive.

Caroline turned round n said "Oh, I've seen him live"
Person "Oh my God, where? The Arena, Wembley......."
Caroline "Nah, Whitley Bay Ice Rink, it was £5.50 and that was right at the front...."

I'm totally an 80's girl as far as the music goes, and really wanted to do the Adam Ant thing, but the only bloke that is out had bagged that idea :mad:

OMG!

Found this! 80's Pop Music Charts

You'll love it if you love your 80's.

The question is, is there anything you don't remember??

You beat me to it Jules ... just found this site too:

Pure 80s Pop reliving 80s music

My most vivid musical memory from the 80's has to be Live Aid .... I wasn't lucky enough to be at Wembley Stadium, but was visiting some friends that evening who lived in Wembley, and we could hear the whole thing whilst sitting in their back garden!

Adam Ant, Simon Le Bon, George Michael, The Police .... gawd, I feel old now :irked:

your not old, your a spring chicken..lol
ok time to dig out your 80s pics girls..come on I know you still have them:lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back