9.1 to tone bleached hair??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
hi looking for advice has anyone used the above to tone bleached hair my friend whos also a hairdresser said she uses that to take out any yellow left from bleach but iv never used that i thought that would have maybe been too ashy what do you say is best toner for bleach to get a nice clean white? thanks in advance x

9.1 is blue ash! You are attempting to remove yellow!! Blue and yellow make green!! Refer to your colour wheel and it will tell you what is best! X

hiya thanks for your reply i must admit i dont do a lot of full head bleaches what would you say is the best toner thanks x

I can give you a list of to toners but you need to see if it's more yellow or orange, if yellow you need something with purple/violet if orange you need blue x

hiya no iv not got a client booke din or anything it was just when myself and my friend were having the conversation and she said she uses that so i was just double checking otehr opinions as i wouldnt use the .1 so thought i was missing smething lol it was just for further notice lol thanks for your responce xx

What u using?, if wella u can use an ash tone as long as u dilute it down with base example 10/0 & 10/1, 10/0 & 10/16 is nice, that's got the slight violet tone needed to knock out yellow, if its more Orange than yellow then 10/8 is a fav, in colour touch 9/16 is good but again add 10/0 to dilute the tone, ya don't wanna b pink!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Iv just tried affinage 9.2 on my yellow and it's wonderful but does go grey which I don't mind xoxo

thats excellent i use lloreal but will have a look at those options for future reference thanks again very helpful :)

What u using?, if wella u can use an ash tone as long as u dilute it down with base example 10/0 & 10/1, 10/0 & 10/16 is nice, that's got the slight violet tone needed to knock out yellow, if its more Orange than yellow then 10/8 is a fav, in colour touch 9/16 is good but again add 10/0 to dilute the tone, ya don't wanna b pink!

Also 9.16 and 10.16 are fab on their own aslong as you watch it while it's on too :) x

thats excellent i use lloreal but will have a look at those options for future reference thanks again very helpful :)

9.13, 9.31 are lovley in loreal Hun and 9.01 is too :) x

Iv just tried affinage 9.2 on my yellow and it's wonderful but does go grey which I don't mind xoxo

Try 10,21 with 3%...you'll love it!

Diluting it with base doesn't work with 10.1 .1 is blue and .0 is green it's neutral not natural!

Try 10,21 with 3%...you'll love it!

Will when my .2 runs out.
I'm not adverse to the side effects like going purple or grey, left a purple shampoo on for 4 hours and looked fluorescent and loved it lol xoxo

I'm not adverse to the side effects like going purple or grey, left a purple shampoo on for 4 hours and looked fluorescent and loved it lol xoxo

Hehe u sound like me! Try it on dry hair! U will need a lot though ;)

Yeh i'm exactly the same lol

The 10,21 give the florescent look too, i love it :)

everyone is so helpful:D

I sprayed my hair down and shampooed it with half a bottle, then went to a friends for a drink, so instead of washing it out first I just went with shampoo on.
Got to say I was shocked when it rinsed, theres some patches I'm redicilously porous on, could tell on the grab difference.

A tip I found with toner shampoo, if you don't have time to leave it on put conditioner on top of the shampoo after a min or 2 ad it just locks it in like it's been on for 20 mins. Then rinse xoxo

Oh ad perry bugger off with your advice, your making me buy colours all the time that I don't need xoxo

Latest posts

Back