9/11 where were you ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
where were you on that day when you heard the news Nobody could ever forget hearing ? I was in kidsgrove staffordshire errecting lamp columns for a sports field.

Oslo in Norway in the midst if giving my aupair a talking to when my friends who were over visit g tapped on the door and said I needed to see what was happening on the news.....I still run cold, I got to the TV just in time for plane number 2 :(

I was in work and my OH rang me to tell me, at that time though everyone in the office had a similar phone call. We had a tv on in the conference room and a few of us had frantic hours of trying to contact family/friends ( the company unblocked our phones for internatonal calls) Nothing was done that day, it was also an American company i worked for.

Working for Newspaper Distribution... we were on alert in that area of London. Remember leaving work and on the way home noticing an eerie quiet. No flights in the sky... strange, scary.

The 7/7 bombings in London, I missed by 5 mins...

Working for Newspaper Distribution... we were on alert in that area of London. Remember leaving work and on the way home noticing an eerie quiet. No flights in the sky... strange, scary.

The 7/7 bombings in London, I missed by 5 mins

That's scary!

At school. In history oddly enough. I was only 10. Very scary :(

At school. In history oddly enough. I was only 10. Very scary :(

Did they announce it in the school? Like over the PA system ( just something I wondered about)

Did they announce it in the school? Like over the PA system ( just something I wondered about)

We didnt have a PA. They just told us something big and bad had happened in America. I think it was near the end of the school day so saw it on the news mostly when I got home.

Well lets hope you keep those 9 lives chick!

I've survived being stuck in a lift that was about to hurtle into oblivion as all but 1 cord broke when I was 7, survived being trapped in a burning car when I was a 10, survived an abusive partner when I was 17 and survived a very bad labour when I was 31 plus missing the bombs, I got 4 lives left :cry:

I've survived being stuck in a lift that was about to hurtle into oblivion as all but 1 cord broke when I was 7, survived being trapped in a burning car when I was a 10, survived an abusive partner when I was 17 and survived a very bad labour when I was 31 plus missing the bombs, I got 4 lives left :cry:

6 if you count being shot in the ankle with an airgun when I was 11

Holy crap you are like a comic character! You are bat girl or cat woman or something!

I was at home watching the news as it unfolded. Very sad day.

Holy crap you are like a comic character! You are bat girl or cat woman or something!

I quite like Dark Angel but Jessica Alba stole that from me... :)

i was working in Harvey Nics payroll office received email from my friend then all went to the directors office to watch on tv. Journey home that day was nerveracking. Can't believe it was ten years ago next week.

The hotel that got badly damaged next to the twin towers i actually stayed in when i was younger had no idea until my parents mentioned it the other day. The weirdest thing is that i don't ever remember being that close to the twin towers or even seeing them. Very bizarre. Also the 7/7 bombings on the tube was the old journey and time i used to take the tube when i used to work in another part of London only the year before but packed that job in cos i was pregnant. How very luck.

It's all so terribly sad i still can't stop that feeling in the pit of my tummy every time i see or watch anything about 9/11 or the London bombings.

I was at home watching the news as it unfolded. Very sad day.

I rushed home to watch the news and seeing the footage of the plane going into a tower made me wretch. It was like watching a Hollywood epic knowing that it was real life... and I swear to God, I felt physically sick.

I watched United 93 and I cried and cried...

I have my own conspiracy theories on all this but only God knows what really happened and there are still some people (not just terrorists) with blood on their hands.

Makes me so mad... horrible horrible World we live in :sad:

I quite like Dark Angel but Jessica Alba stole that from me... :)

Fine we can make up one for you then..........*goes off to think*

I remember watching the second plane hit, I think it's something that will always stay in my memory.

I was a sophomore in high school, sitting in history class, watching history in the making. I still remember seeing the second tower get hit.
It was a terrifying and sad day.

Latest posts

Back